Lightning Adapter for my iPhone 7 to play Spotify

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jenniferjoyce

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have recently become a proud owner of a 2011 LR4 (despite the serious issue of not being able to play my lovely music).

So I was in a huge rush and I didn't realize after purchasing that the converter wouldn't be the only issue I would face with accessing my music on my car. For some reason it says error and will not play my music. It will play 0:01 second of the song then stop. I had the random success one day of getting my music to play but it was such a fluke and I haven't had the success since then.

Not knowing what I did (as I've tried everything since then) to get my music to play on the cable with my adapter for my iPhone 7 - I am super confused and quite upset. I've taken it into the dealership and this guy wasted my time just doing the exact same things I tried.

Is anyone else using this method for music play? Can anyone lead me in the right direction? I would really appreciate any assistance in resolving this (major) issue!

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does your LR4 play music from any other app on your phone, or is it just Spotify with the issue?

If it won't play with any other app, have you tried switching it out for a different cable?

jenniferjoyce

Reaction score
Hey Ryan,

So I don't have any other music on my phone I can try my youtube today but I know it's not the cable since yesterday I got it to play again. I just keep pressing play and during the message on my screen saying device error somehow something overrides it and it plays! But the struggle is way too frustrating. There has to be smoother way to get it to play.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think iTunes may come with some music, but youtube or pandora or something else would work. Sounds like a software issue.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't use the USB connection in my 2013. It doesn't charge anyway so it's a pain in the butt.

Assuming the Bluetooth connectivity works, just connect to your phone that way and everything should be fine.

I'm not sure if that answers your question, as I was not clear what convertor you were talking about...

Good luck and enjoy your new ride!

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't use the USB connection in my 2013. It doesn't charge anyway so it's a pain in the butt.

Assuming the Bluetooth connectivity works, just connect to your phone that way and everything should be fine.

I'm not sure if that answers your question, as I was not clear what convertor you were talking about...

Good luck and enjoy your new ride!

I do not believe 2011's have Bluetooth.

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like you are not the only one having this problem. Appears to be a software issue as @ryanjl stated.

Do you have the latest version of iOS installed? I cannot confirm if Apple has fixed the problem, I'm only finding older articles, updating to latest iOS seems like your best chance at fixing the problem.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7713367?start=0&tstart=0
https://9to5mac.com/2016/09/19/apple-lightning-earpods-bug-fix-coming/
https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordon...e-7-lighting-headphones-problem/#74f8870d6558

sgh71

Reaction score
Is your issue only Spotify? or any media from your phone? If you are looking for music streaming for that year your best bet is a WIfi based system that lets you connect to it and also your network at the same time plus the quality is so much better. I use a LINKA system on out 2008 RRHSE and works awesome.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not believe 2011's have Bluetooth.
Ahh, good to know.

Assuming the 2011 has an AUX input, I'd recommend this thing;
DBPOWER Bluetooth Car Kit

I used one in my LR3 for the past year and it was simple and it worked fine. I didn't use it for the speakerphone access or any of the control (I actually had the button down low by the console) it was just a pretty reliable Bluetooth connection to the phone and the in-line filter kept the audio quality pretty clean going into the AUX input of the rear center console. So, you get wireless phone connectivity, and you can still hook to a charger when you need it. And it's only $17 with free shipping.

Maddemz

Reaction score
Where are you plugging in your aux cord? I can only get my music to play by plugging it into the second row.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV