Limb Risers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
I am needing to make some Limb Risers for my off-roading adventures over Memorial Day weekend. I found a sight (gotmud.org) that gives instructions however I am not able to locate some of the items, ie the turnbuckle? Is there anybody who has any other suggestions?? TIA!! Melissa

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turnbuckles should be available in the "Fasteners" section of stores like Home Depot. I know that at my local Home Depot stores they're in the same aisle as the screws, nails, bolts, etc.

Suggestions:

(1) Make sure you have a good anchor at the front of the truck, like a tab on your bumper or brush guard.

(2) Don't put 'em on till you start wheeling, for two reasons: (a) might be illegal due to hazard posed to pedestrians and (b) whistling sound at speed will drive you crazy!

Have fun making 'em, Melissa! :biggrin: Take pictures and post 'em here for everyone to see!

Andy

M

marc olivares

those things look cool but man are they LOUD!!!!!!
besides i guess i like the look of the Rocky Mountain Pinstripping!

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Thanks Andy! I found the turnbuckles @ Home Depot as you said. So how do I post pictures (pardon my ignorance).. 100x100 pixels is not too large. I would like to put them in the gallery? Thanks again Andy and Marc! Or Slam?
Melissa

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming you use the "advanced" posting option, where you get the word-processor like display. If not, click "go advanced" from the quick reply box.

Then click on "Manage extensions" beneath the area in which you post a reply. From there, you can upload the attachment.

Or if you have trouble with that, email me ([email protected]), and I'll post 'em for you...

Andy

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just realized those words of advice were to post the pic(s) here. :mad: That's what I get for posting an answer quickly without really reading what you were saying...

For the gallery, click on "Gallery" in the menu bar. Then click on "Upload Photos", and click "Browse" to get to the picture you want to upload (no size limitation). Follow the prompts to upload each picture this way. If it's for a tech article ("How to install limb risers by Melissa" :biggrin: ) type something up and send an email to [email protected] and Sam'll get the article up ASAP!

Andy

A

adamb

I built limb-risers on my disco a few years ago. Instead of turn-buckles which are ugly and big, I used rubber coated pipe clamps on my arb bumper, cut the cables to JUST the right length to put a snap-hook on and attatched them to rings that were put through the bolt that collapses the pipe clamp. I then tightened the limb-risers by rotating the pipe clamps on the brush guard bar forward as tight as I could and tightening the nylon lock nut on the bolt holding the pipe-clamp. (confused? I almost am!) This kept the risers tight under any normal off-roading, but gave them movement in case I hit something that wouldn't give. Then the pipe clamp is forced to rotate on the brushbar, so you don't break something else.

Also, I used black plastic coated aircraft cable for the riser. Hard to find ( I found one place in Denver after searching many stores) but they look good and AREN'T loud!

Hope this helps!

Adam

S

SNNIPER

This Is A Dumb Question But Are These What The Camel Trophy Discovery Have On Them

A

andyb

SNNIPER said:
This Is A Dumb Question But Are These What The Camel Trophy Discovery Have On Them
Yep. Over here (UK) there is a bit of a grey area in the law concerning them....they are like cheese wire to pedestains. Dunno buy maybe worth checking your local state law.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA