locked out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Macdad

Reaction score
does anyone know the procedure for unlocking a 03 R R when the battery is dead. I know there is a way to go in through the tailgate, but I forgot exactly how.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought someone posted that on here a month or so back... I would do a search, or hope over to www.rangerovers.net

xtremerovers

Reaction score
This info should not be posted on any forum. I am sure it has been removed from RR.net. If you post it, a common thief will know of a easy way to get into our Rovers. If you own RAVE, you can look it up.

GreyMatter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does it not have a key hole in the drivers side handle?

or am i missing something?

Hap

Reaction score
On the off chance that someone does a search of these archives for this:

On my LR3, part of the door handle pops off to expose a regular mechanical lock that is fitted to the vehicle's key. This isn't a security feature so much as a cosmetic one, so I don't think there's much harm in posting it.

If your key happens to be locked inside, well, there's always the locksmith, or for the impatient, the brick method works well.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Better hurry up and get in, so you can roll up the windows before the rain...

KWLandy

Reaction score
I have a 1999 HSE, and managed to lock the keys in the car on the front seat. Problem solved in about 10 minutes, and without any broken glass.

1. You will need some wedges or small pry tools, or large flat blade screwdrivers. Wood popsicle sticks help, too.
2. Go to either back seat door.
3. As you're facing the door, gently start prying out the small quarter light window by starting at the top corner closest to the rear of the car.
4. Work your way across the top of the quarter light, gently separating the window and its rubber seal from the steel door frame.
5. Once it separates, gently pull from the top outwards, and you may have to insert some more wedges or popsicle sticks to keep it from going back into place.
6. Once you have about 1/3 of it separated, the window should pull out enough to reach your arm in and unlock the door.
7. Refit is the reverse of removal.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV