Locked tailgate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DanielB

Reaction score
So our 2009 LR2 has some problems. Most are small and not too much of a bother (noisy AC fan, sound system that has levels which go up and down by itself). But today it has taken the cake!

In short the tailgate is locked shut - although the car thinks it is in fact open and thus will not electronically lock the car! We can manually lock the car - but nothing works to open the tailgate. I've been driving all day with a tailgate I can't open but a lovely TAILGATE OPEN warning message in the dash.

What I am most surprised about is NO MANUAL release/lock/pin/etc for the tailgate. The key override barrel on the drivers door works fine for the passenger doors but not the rear.

Anyway its off to LR at the end of the week (I tried all troubleshooting but as it is blowing fuses it is some electronic problem) - but wondering.... anyone else had this problem...? :hmpf:

trouguex

Reaction score
Have you tried the electronic tailgate unlock on the dash? If you hold down the unlock and lock button on the dash the tailgate should pop. Also have someone push down on the tailagte while unlocking it with the remote. If something is under the latch/catch preventing it from closing all the way it could jam halfway latched.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut