Looking at a vehicle - sound too good?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Troianii

Reaction score
This vehicle sounds like a scam. It's a 2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport supercharged, with 80,727 miles, for $4,834. The person claims to be wanting a fast sale because of a divorce. It seems to me like that car is easily worth over $10,000, even private party sale.

For that reason I'm asking for an actual picture of the VIN, and asking them if they will allow an independent mechanic to check it out. Am I making the right move here in insisting on that (I actually just emailed her back)? Or is it just way too good a deal to even possibly be true?

I kind of think a dealer would give you more than $5,000 for that if you just walked in and sold it outright.

Troianii

Reaction score
I'm also unsure about the vehicle history, which is why I asked for a picture of the VIN. It's marked as having 80,727 miles, but when I asked for a vehicle history i got a picture of the first page (so nothing beyond the overview), in the picture I can see in the hyperlink "Search for other 2007 land Rover Range Rover vehicles in Lincoln, NE", which seems to suggest this was last registered in Nebraska, but it's selling in CA. Also, the last reported odometer reading on the carfax is 36,845.

My gut tells me this is fishy - price is too good, even for what I think a rebuilt should go for on a fast sale.

Troianii

Reaction score
if anyone is interested, I got a response and they want me to pay a third party using google wallet - I just googled it, and apparently this is a common scam. :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72