Low Coolant warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, lately i've been getting the "Low Coolant level" warning. Even if I fill the reservoir up pass the cold fill line, the warning message comes on each time we turn the car on, but not during driving. Each time I check, the coolant level is way past the cold fill mark. Possible Sensor problem? I'm taking the LR in this tuesday for another suspension fault problem(already have new compressor). So, i'll have them check this out too.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Hmmmm. What's next? I wonder, maybe the whole car will short out, man I'm starting to regret buying a LR. Not having a good first time experience.

N

newenglandlr3

I am going throught the exact same thing. I didn't try to fill it. But I smell the antifreeze. Its going in Nov 2 for Low Coolant and Sus fault again.

I will let you know what the find.

F

flowner

There is a bad sensor in the coolant bottles. They are replacing the coolant bottles This all over the the DISCO3.UK site. I had mine replaced.

I'm not conviced this a permanment fix because I have not heard of a part change.

F

fidhleir

It's a sensor problem

Had the same problem, probably 6 months ago (don't exactly remember). The service manager knew what it was right away having just fixed another. He ordered the sensor and they replaced it a week later. No problem since.

N

Nomad

I had the same message...I went to the bottle and guess what....the coolant was low. Topped it off and it never happened again.

R

ronprx

Me too. Low Coolant Level. The part is ordered and will be replaced.

K

KTMLC8

Same thing happened to me. The dealer replaced my coolant expansion tank twice. Second one is working fine now. They said there was a run of bad sensors in them. Also had my cooling fan viscous coupling replaced at the same time. Recall on that I was told.

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, my LR is going in the shop this tuesday, and I'm going to tell them about the coolant problem too. Lets see if they can find out why i'm having suspension faults again.

L

Lbkab5

I live in new jersey and just started having this problem this week. My car is 3 months old. I am hesitent to call the dealer since the screwed up fixing my water leaking problem 2 weeks ago coming thru the front light package on my roof. My coolant level was checked by jiffy lube today and was already topped off. So I know it aint the problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV