Low Coolant warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most likely sensor problem. Mine kept on coming on during every start, but never during drive. Gotta fix it sooner or later, shouldn't be too hard of a fix.

R

Rhcaspian

Sensor location

Have the same warning but fluid level is fine so it must be the sensor, no service here as posted previously. Can't see the sensor in the bottle / header tank. Anyone shed any light as to where it is located so that I can change it out myself

Thanks

chrisamakulo

Reaction score
I am having the same issue with my LR3 2008 model, I have changed the coolant tank, and the thermostat housing hosts due to leaks I observed, the coolant level is ok and the temperature level is ok as well. I will appreciate any assistance

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wiring Problem? Check for frays or breaks or bad connection on the sensor wires.

chrisamakulo

Reaction score
Low Coolant Level in LR3 2008 Model

Thank you all, I resolved the problem today by changing the sensor under the coolant tank, and the error message cleared from the dash board. I live in Lagos Nigeria. Cioa!!!

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh man... glad it was sorted out. I thought the sensor came with the tank.. I guess not in Lagos...

Bostonian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tlt - LOL. I got bent over by my dealer last year for the entire reservoir replacement for the same error.

bigredrage

Reaction score
My reservoir had a crack. I replaced it. When replacing I noticed the old reservoir did not have the coolant level wiring attached but instead had a piece of metal curved to go into the female parts of the wiring and close off/ground the wiring to not be attached to the reservoir.

I attached it to the new one and it says low coolant level when the coolant level is correct. Being it is a brand new reservoir, I assume this means the wiring is bad and I need to replace it or ground out that wiring and just not have it attached?

SoCal66

Reaction score
Hi bigred,

I have an 06 LR3 and I have the same error message other people on this thread have mentioned. My coolant levels are fine but I still get the ‘low coolant’ warning. I’m not sure about the potential electrical wiring issues you have. However I plan to replace with a new reservoir which should have a better sensor in it. Fingers are crossed that this will fix my problem.

Have you had any luck on your end since your last post?

My reservoir had a crack. I replaced it. When replacing I noticed the old reservoir did not have the coolant level wiring attached but instead had a piece of metal curved to go into the female parts of the wiring and close off/ground the wiring to not be attached to the reservoir.

I attached it to the new one and it says low coolant level when the coolant level is correct. Being it is a brand new reservoir, I assume this means the wiring is bad and I need to replace it or ground out that wiring and just not have it attached?
[/QUOTE]

Nullzy

Reaction score
2010 LR4,

Replaced expansion tank, all hoses/plastics related to coolant, water pump, thermostat housing, radiator. My mechanic is good but the car has been in and out of shop for a year with us usually running the vehicle with low coolant showing. Most recently replaced thermostat housing, ran it for a day and light came on. Took back to shop and re-pressurized system, drove a day and light back on. Until thermostat housing replacement I always smelled coolant. Up until last repair I could smell coolant and see it leaking onto drive way. No smell this time until light came on. If anyone can advise this would be great as my wife is about to make us take on an additional auto payment.

The truck has only been hot 1x during all the low coolant warnings with us immediately braking to stop and calling tow.

I should note Landrover did the 1st repairs for the same issue and replaced bottom hoses claiming very small leak.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi