LR Driving School

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ClearwaterScott

Reaction score
I recently purchased my first LR4. I grew up in Colorado doing some backroad driving but that was primarily to cut wood for heating. Not what I would consider real off road experience and certainly not in a LR. I have been considering attending one of the driving schools offered by land rover.

Wondering if anyone here has experience with the LR school they could share. Also, are there are other alternatives folks might suggest?

Cheers,

Scott

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where do you live in Missouri? My local dealer does an off road driving event every year.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They'll put it on their facebook page. Aristocrat Motors.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The last one was late June. Met at Aristocrat, then drove about an hour and fifteen minutes south to "Kansas Rocks" off-road park. Catered BBQ lunch, prizes, then off roading. It was fun. You can check their facebook posts around the end of June or early July 2016 for pictures. I'll load some up tonight when I'm on my home computer.

Last edited:

ClearwaterScott

Reaction score
@ryanjl looks like a fun gathering. I will keep an eye on the dealerships FB page. If they hold the event earlier in the year that would be great. By mid-June this year I hope to be half way up (and down, back up again...) the continental divide.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some more pictures, and some videos in the comments.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/AristocratMotors/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1438470169511787

I ran it on my Michelin Premiere tires. They split the attendees up into moderate and difficult groups. It being the first time I've had my LR4 off-road (and it being on street tires), I went with the moderate. That said, it was still challenging enough to be fun.

I've had a few Jeeps and several Land Cruisers before, and I've gone down the road where I've modified them a ton right off the bat. I'm taking this LR4 slow, though, and enjoying it stock for a while.

32340074966_baac90c533_k.jpg

MudFoot

Reaction score
When I bought my LR4 2 years ago and went to the LR website and registered I got a free certificate for attending the LR Experience School free. It was for the 2 hour class at any LR Experience school. See if you can still get that.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA