LR2 Left Headlight goes on and off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amardsingh

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 2009 LR2 HSE. There is an issue with the driver side (left) headlight in which it it will randomly go out after about 2-3 minutes of driving. If i stop the car and move into park, then drive, the light goes back on.

I am in Ontario, Canada - so assuming something has been done to this car to keep the lights on anytime (day time running lights) you put it into gear (reverse, neutral, drive).

The Lights are HID. Does anyone have any experience with this type of issue?

I have removed the headlight assemblies and checked the connectors, everything seems to be clean and dry. Where could this issue be located?

Any help would be great.
Thanks

javelin

Reaction score
Try switching the bulbs; eg, move the left bulb to right side headlight and take the right bulb and connect it to left side headlight.

After you made the switch, test it:

If driver side light still goes out, maybe the ballast is bad; assuming bulb and ballast are separate.

If the passenger side light goes out, your bulb maybe going bad; again, assuming the bulb and ballast are separate.

If bulb/ballast is one unit, replace the offending unit.

Good luck.

Jav

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut