LR2 or LR3- 2009 and 2010

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justin1

Reaction score
I am think ing of buying a LR3 or LR2, but it seems the LR2 has been improved so much (according to reveiws) I am leaning towards the LR2. ALthough it seems kinda small for me, I am 6' 1" - 200 lbs. Does nayone have any comments on which is better the 2009 or 2010 LR2 (or even the LR3.?? Have they made significant improvements in any of these?

aesopian

Reaction score
I've been driving a 2010 LR2 loaner from the dealership for close to a week. It is the second loaner I've used from them.

The reason I have the LR2 is that I'm adding some sliders, compressor protection and sump protector to my LR4 that Flatirons Land Rover in Colorado is now selling.

1st LR2 I had was not an HSE - gutless and hated it. My wife didn't mind it. Actually liked it more because it wasn't as big as the LR4.

2nd LR2 is an HSE and loaded - this vehicle has some pep. To quote my wife she says it's "zippy".

Interior is comfortable. I'm 5' 11", 205 pounds and I'm comfortable, but prefer the LR4. Back seat leg room would be cramped if anyone rode back there older than 5 years old. The ride is not as smooth and comfortable as the LR4, but it's pretty nice. You definitely feel the difference between an air suspension and coil suspension.

If you plan on doing any off-roading, I'd go with an LR3 or LR4. The traction control is all there with the LR2 and the downhill descent assistance, but no low and lift capability. As for 3rd party options for adding lift, I can’t speak to that. It would be a good vehicle in the winter and inclement weather in the city. I’m sure it would do fine on an easy trail and in the mountains on a highway going to a ski resort, but the clearance is standard and you’d be limited if you went on a moderate and above trail.

On the highway the LR2 drives nicely. Good vision, accelerates well and feels safe.

We used to have a Mazda Tribute, this vehicles reminds me of that vehicle. My wife personally prefers the LR2 due to its size. She feels like she has more control.

Cargo area is not as large as the LR4, but it is sufficient.

Sound system is great. Controls are easy to access. It does not have a center storage. Driving noise is good. Stock tires. Handles very nicely.

Good luck in your decision.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72