LR3 suspension air to coil conversion

Discussion in 'LR3' started by fly boy, Jul 5, 2017.

1. fly boy

fly boy Member

Hi, I am considering air to coil conversion on my 2008 LR3 HSE, but I cant decide wich one, I have seen Atlantic British kit but is it good? is there any more options?

Thanks.

2. mflecklr3

mflecklr3 Member

I know a guy that bought the Atlantic British kit and returned it after the first offroad trip. He said it drove completely different and not in a good way. I don't think that's the fault of the kit as much as the LR3 traction controlled is totally designed around the suspension. If you change the suspension then be ready for the traction control to lose its mind. Why do you want to convert it?

3. George Knipfer

George Knipfer Member

I converted mine (Atlantic British). Only complaint is that the rear seems softer than air ride. Need to get stiffer rears as my rear end squats when towing the boat. I don't off road mine.

4. maxx4wd

maxx4wd Active Member

I know lucky8 is currently designing an air to coil conversion kit and it should be more geared to the lifted offroad crowd versus the AB kit....like anything aftermarket there are tradeoffs though...peace of mind for the mechanical change but loss of some functionality over the air system.

5. Houm_WA

Houm_WA Full Access Member

I'm not a fan of the coil conversion....the EAS is central to the LR3 and removing it invites problems and removes a major core of its functionality.

6. fly boy

fly boy Member

well, I have an issue with my suspension (front end) is not raising and my compressor is almost gone, so I am in need of replacing the air suspension to coil due to budget and simplicity ( I do not off road this vehicle is more for highway and city, I´ve seen a couple options: WESTAR suspension or in AB website a OE coil conversion, does anybody knows for which should I go?

7. mflecklr3

mflecklr3 Member

I don't have firsthand experience but the one guy I know that did this bought the AB kit. For offroad reasons he didn't like it and AB took it back no questions asked. Points for customer service?

fly boy likes this.
  8. roverman

roverman Full Access Member

I'd say "YUGE" points. that's really impressive that they took it back.

9. fly boy

fly boy Member

thanks guys, so I already purchased AB coil conversion, lets see how it goes.

10. jwest

jwest Full Access Member

LOL, this is the same ridiculous question that keeps coming from newbies. Why do you people buy an air suspension vehicle and then cry about it and/or the "cost"? Why didn't you buy something engineered to roll on coils? Coils turns the lr3 into a piece of crap