LR3 suspension down.. compressor not running.. heeelp!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

searover83

Reaction score
yes sir.. at both normal and offroad height they were +/- 5mm from each other.
at normal, they were around +3 or 4 on 3 corners, and -3mm on one.. so within spec.
And no.. I didnt 'recalibrate' anything.. I dont know how..

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are the measured values. I mean the values of the EAS height calibration at each sensor. If you don't have the equipment to do the calibration, then you would need a dealer visit or an indy. Sounds like the i930 doesn't quite get you there. I suppose another option is to get an IIDTool for $400 (or whatever it is now) and save the $ on a dealer visit.

searover83

Reaction score
I dont know what you are talking about.. sorry ;)
Please explain.. EAS calib values.. how is that computed? Why would it change if I replaced the compressor? What's the IID tool?
Not even sure if Im asking the right questions, can you please explain what you know abt the calibraiton?
TIA

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIDTool is a plug-in device that allows a lot of communication and programming of systems onboard, including the EAS. It shows you live "calibration values" of each sensor and allows you to change those. I don't recall if a new compressor requires a re-calibration but I wouldn't be surprised. A red fault is usually a compressor or a cross-articulation fault.

searover83

Reaction score
I see.. it's a brand name. Not sure if i930 lets me see or change the calib yet.
But even if it did, I dont understand the procedure..

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right; that is one nice thing about the IIDTool...the folks that make it (GAP Diagnostics) have put out an Excel spreadsheet to help with it as well as a narrative procedure. They will also help as needed. It's an expensive tool but for me it's been invaluable. Not trying to sell it (to you), just trying to help.

Personally I'm pretty neurotic about my LR3 and I would have bit the bullet and went with the AMK compressor. In fact I did!...2 years ago.

searover83

Reaction score
soooo.. you still have that spreadsheet handy? just in case my tool will let me set params? ;)

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do...and if you PM me your email address I'd be happy to share it; I'm 95% sure it won't work without the IIDTool though.

Mark Land

Reaction score
Hi, reading the whole thread again, I don'think it's a question of callibating, but more an issue with a physical failure. If the compressor is not running as it should, I would now check if the air tank is leaking. In post#1 second fault is about slowly filling reservoir. If tank is damaged or coroded that coult be the fault.

If that is not the case, then a sensor (pressure, temp, flow) not working properly would be to check.

searover83

Reaction score
I am thinking the same thing... but...
1. The compressor pumps up to 1750KPa (abt 250 psi), and then sloooowly (over 5 mins) press bleeds down to about 15 psi , WHERE IT STAYS.. for next 20hrs when tested. And the compressor doesn't kick back on. So.. it does act like a simple leak, except it doesnt go down to 0, and the suspension height is the same at 250psi and 15psi.. which make little sense.

2. So this points to a faulty tank sensor.. but.. I thought the compressor cycling is controlled by the internal pressure sensor.. maybe not.

3. Often, I get 'red' suspension fault, every time I accelerate above, say .2 G.. But handling feels the same, not too squishy ..
So overall I agree, (maybe just being hopeful), that it's still somehow eitehr a sensor or a physical leak, but it doesnt all fit.. the press. bleeding so low, etc.

PS. again. I have a new Hitachi style compressor fitted.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut