LR3 won't raise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PNWrover31

Reaction score
I have a 2007 LR3 SE. Back in August we started getting suspension fault errors that would come and go but eventually the fault stayed. I was able to figure out we had a bad compressor by jumping the relay and it would not turn on. I replaced the compressor and all was good until recently the suspension fault came back. Now when we start the engine the compressor starts to run for 20 seconds then the suspension fault error comes on and compressor stops. I thought it my be the distribution valve up front so I took it apart and cleaned it with no visible issues. Now my LR3 has no air in the bags and I can't seem to figure out how to get it to raise. I've tried all the basic steps but can't seem to get the compressor to stay on or vehicle to raise.

Any idea's would be much appreciated.

hollygcape

Reaction score
Alright, so I have a 2005 Land Rover LR3 V8, 110k miles. About a month ago the car completely dropped, started throwing an amber suspension light, bounced all over the place so we took it to a local dealer, apparently it was the compressor and a small air leak. Both were fixed. On our way to the dealer the radiator blew (just our luck), so the car was towed and that was also replaced. About a week later the car started overheating (again, my our luck), leaking coolant, and throwing the amber suspension light again. Turned out to be the water pump gasket, that was replaced. Once the water pump was fixed, not even 2 days later the LR3 started throwing a RED suspension fault: do not exceed 30 mph. That next day the front dropped and the back stayed raised. Now when you start the car an amber suspension light immediately comes on. Once you hit 25 mph it throws a red suspension fault: do not exceed 30 mph. We checked over the LR3 ourselves and found that the front valve block was broken. We replaced it. The car then raised to normal height, acted fine for about 10 minutes and then threw an amber suspension light. Not even 30 minutes later the front sank back down. The car is obviously unstable due to the back being over raised and the front not raising at all. It's bouncing again, I assume that's also because it's unstable. Trying to wrap my head around what else it could possibly be. It isn't showing any codes and the 4x4 info menu isn't showing that a sensor is out. The only thing I can think of is another air leak or an air bag. HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT! I have googled my life away and can't find where any one else has had this problem or similar.

Globetrotter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even though you replaced the front valve block it seems that there is still a leak at the front. Have you checked with soapy water on the connectors for a leak. As the back stays up, I would think compressor and tank are okay and you have a leak. If it was an air bag I would have thought it would not raise unless it is like a pin hole. Again soapy water may show it up. Was the valve block new or second hand. If s/h may clean it out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi