Lr3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jumper5836

Reaction score
What do people think of the LR3, its a pretty radical change.
I like it from the front but looks a bit weird from the side.

I guess they are calling it LR3 instead of Discovery 3, most people I know just call it Land Rover so I guess they can drop the Discovery.

C

Cozmo

I don't like it. It looks too much like any other SUV. Of course anytime Land Rover tries its hand at new tech stuff it make me worry. Lastly its lower and wider, not good for offroading but great for mallcrawling.

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
I think if someone came up with a solid axle kit and a spare relocation bracket then it would look decent and be a worthy trail vehicle. Toyota guys have been ditching their Ind. Suspensions for years, no reason why rovers can't.

Justin

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
I do not care for it either. Can we say Soccer Mom/MiniVan?? Ha Ha!

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
I think it would be very cool to build a LR3, it would be $$ but it would be different. Like this Liberty, not too many ********* liberty's out there:

UAliberty.jpg

jumper5836

Reaction score
Isn't the spare located in the back in the trunk space like the Range Rover.
I am not sure but I thought it has air suspension to raise it depending on the terrain.
I like the tail gate I hated the swing out door when I had my 2000 D2.
I think that when the specs come out the LR2 will have better off road abilites.
One thing I don't like it that the side back window. it runs all the way up and I prefer the D2 where is leaves a space it much better looking the old way.

D

discomike

Yes, it does have the air suspension all the way around, which is controlled by a multi function switch on the console which also sets up the traction control. The spare is under the truck like the Ford Exploder but at least they did give it a full frame still. On the up side of things it has a 300 H.P. Jag. engine pushing a 6 spedd automatic and it does run.
As for Glass,nearly the whole roof is glass and when your sitting it you get quite a view.
As much fun as it is to drive in town I don't think it will keep up with my 99 off the road.
Mike J.

K

kellymoe

LR is realy moving toward the grocery getter luxery market. Even with the air suspension and traction control it is going to suck off road because of the rear end. The spare tire ruins the departure angle and if they left the exhaust the way it was in test vehicles it hangs as low or lower than the spare tire. If you just want a vehicle to take skiing and very minor off road trips this may be a great car. It will take a ton of time and money to modify and make it truly trail worthy which is one of the nice things about the older Discos, easy to modify.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV