LR4 Accessories

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dan:

Best thing to do is go out to the UK Disco forum to get a lot of info on this rack. This was the rack I wanted for my vehicle before it was Lemon'd. This individual is probably 1 of a handful with this rack in the US. Most of the UK guys with this rack have said they didn't even hardly lose any MPG with this rack on the vehicle. I think a quick google is telling me 440-550 lbs. Seems a little high but hands down best rack and ladder out there. Their skid system is pretty amazing as well.

Hard part about them is there was no US Distributor. You had to pay big money to ship all of their stuff over here.

Hope all is well!

Great to hear from you, Heath! And thanks. Probably a next year consideration as we're looking to purchase a travel trailer this year (actually this next week) and right now I need to deal with the trailer hitch issue. (Curt hitch arrives on Friday at which point I'll need to drop my Compomotive spare and figure out where to put it. My wife suggested just putting it in the back of the truck which we may end up doing until I have a better option. Longer term, this rack may be the solution as I could also put my Hi Lift and my MaxTrax up there.

How's your Jeep doing?

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great to hear from you, Heath! And thanks. Probably a next year consideration as we're looking to purchase a travel trailer this year (actually this next week) and right now I need to deal with the trailer hitch issue. (Curt hitch arrives on Friday at which point I'll need to drop my Compomotive spare and figure out where to put it. My wife suggested just putting it in the back of the truck which we may end up doing until I have a better option. Longer term, this rack may be the solution as I could also put my Hi Lift and my MaxTrax up there.

How's your Jeep doing?

Not to totally derail the thread but the Jeep is gone. Just didn't love it. Of course the LR4 I tried to buy is still for sale because they refused to lower the price. :stupid: Oh well.

Back in a sports car for the time being as we never have time to see dirt or get into the woods and want to have a track toy in the future.

Happens with a busy corporate job and formation of a business on the side. :stupid:

cerulean

Reaction score
Epic, Dan:

You guys got it right, it is expensive. I ordered it directly from ProspeedUK and had to pay about $400 to have the whole package delivered, about $2K total. But after taking delivery and having a few days to suss it out you get what you pay for. Considering what I paid for the vehicle, another $2K or 3% seemed like a rounding problem for me for something that will be with me for the life of the vehicle and dramatically increase utility. If I was a less savvy buyer I might have paid that much more for the truck. The all-glass top of the LR4 is a blessing and a curse and I figured this way I get to have my cake and eat it too. Road noise is minimal and you just can't beat how streamlined the whole thing is. I asked a lot of questions before pulling the trigger and Ben Atkinson at Prospeed was very patient in answering all of them. If you have specific questions about capacity, weight, anything just email him and get it from the horses mouth. He is dialed and very helpful. Glad I can give something back to this forum! Cheers, RD

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow, amazing roof rack! I have a frontrunner rack but although it is slim, i don't think it's very aerodynamic and it is fairly loud. How much wind noise do you think the Prospeed rack generates compared to stock?

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that ProSpeed rack mounted without factory rails?

I might just pull the trigger on this one, crazy shipping and all.

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That Prospeed roof rack is extremely cool!
Cerulean you have a nice ride there.

cerulean

Reaction score
Is that ProSpeed rack mounted without factory rails?

I might just pull the trigger on this one, crazy shipping and all.

It requires the factory installed short roof rails, it mounts to them and also two threaded bosses on the vehicle roof accessed through the weather-strip on the front of the vehicle.

Wind noise exists but is pretty minimal and considering the alternatives I believe its the best option. The faring on the front of the rack is sealed to the vehicle body with a foam weather strip, so there really is not a lot of air movement through the front of the rack.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV