LR4 Accessories

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mdurwin

Reaction score
Hello ougrad1,

I got the skid plate from GN Vehicle Protection in the UK. I am very happy with the quality, it's really made quite well. Plus, Neil and Gary are a pleasure to deal with and have top notch customer service. If you are interested in the skid plate, tell them that "David West" referred you.

Here is a link to the skid plate:

http://www.gnvehicleprotection.co.uk/discovery-4-sump-guard.html

Here are the rock slider/steps that I got from them:

http://www.gnvehicleprotection.co.uk/discovery-4-slider-step.html

-David
Their website is down. Might they have changed URLs?

DirtyHal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if I were to go surfing and want to stick this sucker underneath my truck, wouldn't it still be close enough to the vehicle to recognize the key and allow anyone to just come up and open the door?

Maybe? My lr4 doesn't have that option so I couldn't tell you.

TCM75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it would work; I know if I am more than a foot or two away from the handle it won’t unlock when my wife tries to open the handle nearest to me.

kris wheeler

Reaction score
Question regarding roof racks and car washes:
I just installed the pioneer platform rack on my LR4 with factory rails and the RLT 600 quick mount brackets.

The install paperwork suggested to remove the platform prior to taking the vehicle thru a car wash. This seems unnecessary if installed correctly.
Does anyone have any experience or thoughts on this?
Thanks

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed the pioneer platform rack on my LR4 with factory rails and the RLT 600 quick mount brackets.

The install paperwork suggested to remove the platform prior to taking the vehicle thru a car wash. This seems unnecessary if installed correctly.
Thanks

Not sure, but be forewarned that LR4s have soft paint. This means less rock chips, but it also means that the paint scratches easy in automatic car washes. The PO of my LR4 must have liked automatic car washes; I had to have it polished right after I bought it.

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks

I have a Baja Racks unit on my LR4.
I have been through many car washes without problems.
In fact, I think the rack does more damage to the car wash. I am always pulling off bits of brushes and sponges.

Shredahead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed the Front Runner front sump guard. Really happy with it, pretty easy install and looks and feels really solid and increases the front protection. Best thing is you no longer need to remove the plastic trim piece to access the recovery point on the vehicle. Also it deletes the little wind diffusers giving you a tiny bit more clearance in the front. Looks super clean (well not clean in the pic) and fits up nice.
IMG_3786.jpg

Krill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man I'm telling you, this is a dangerous forum to be on. I wish I had the money to throw and modify my LR 4 the way I want but for now( while I'm in flight school and more broke than I have ever been) ill just have to keep dreaming. a few mods I have done are upgraded tires( Goodyear durratrac)and a secondary air system(for inflating tires, impact gun and other stuff) also have everything drilled and set up to mount a hidden winch behind the stock bumper( just had to postpone the winch until I'm finished with school) things to come are rock sliders, custom roof rack with an absurd amount of lights, an actual LR towing kit(instead of the pos I had to settle for)and a face lift to the 2015 look. looking at all the mods y'all have done is like torture, KEEP IT UP:beer:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA