LR4 Clicking Noise from Engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fernando

Reaction score
@aakempvt do you drive it often? And how long has yours been going on? Mine has seemed to go down in noise and duration but still happens when I start in the morning. I've been to the dealer but only talked to someone about it. He didn't seem to know what it was. I scheduled a time for them to take a look further but its not for another 2 and a half weeks...

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same exact sound as mine.
Dealer in Quebec City replaced some parts. Going back up there to pick up the truck on Monday. I'll find out what it was. Said it was $800 (covered by warranty) and that truck is fine now.

aakempvt

Reaction score
@aakempvt do you drive it often? And how long has yours been going on? Mine has seemed to go down in noise and duration but still happens when I start in the morning. I've been to the dealer but only talked to someone about it. He didn't seem to know what it was. I scheduled a time for them to take a look further but its not for another 2 and a half weeks...

Daily driver. I'm in Kentucky and it's been sub freezing quite a bit since I've had it. I've kinda heard it before but it was most pronounced this morning. It got down to 8 degrees last night which is the coldest morning since I've owned it. 43k miles on it.

aakempvt

Reaction score
Same exact sound as mine.
Dealer in Quebec City replaced some parts. Going back up there to pick up the truck on Monday. I'll find out what it was. Said it was $800 (covered by warranty) and that truck is fine now.
Let us know what was replaced.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am hearing the same sound on cold starts during brisk mornings. Interested in your findings.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

The noise was the cooling fan.
Changed under warranty otherwise CAD800.

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

The noise was the cooling fan.
Changed under warranty otherwise CAD800.
Did that seem to fix the sound? Or was it something LR threw it to say they did something?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA