LR4 Interior LED Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlaw008

Reaction score
I just swapped out all the interior lights with LEDs, all work except front two doors (puddle lights), even the rear doors puddle lights work.

I saw on another forum a couple of owners with same issue but no solution.

Any answer to this issue yet?

Looks awesome BTW!

First Post!!! :hello:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What bulbs did you use? Maybe try flipping them around, some bulbs may be more sensitive to reverse polarity than others? AFAIK, all those interior bulbs are exactly the same, so no reason why your front doors' shouldn't work.

jlaw008

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! I did flip them for polarity, but I also put the original bulbs back in and they don't work anymore either. There is something about the front doors, just can't figure out what or why, saw 2 other people with Range Rovers on another forum that experienced the exact same thing (everything except front puddle lights worked) but no answers as to maybe why. Weird I know, hopefully someone has run across this before….

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What bulbs did you use? I installed Osram W5W LEDriving 4000K (warm white) in my LR4 for overhead and map lights, didn't do the doors however so I don't know if I could duplicate your issue.

Many forums don't let you copy and paste links on outside web site anymore. What's supposed to go in that link instead of those stars (instead of www.rangeroversite.com, edit the link to read www dot rangeroversite dot com, and we'll figure it out...)

jlaw008

Reaction score
It is just a link to another forum where 2 other people had same issue, here it is....

www[dot]landroversonly[dot]com/forums/f39/led-puddle-lights-52919/

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also switched out my puddle lights and the front doors were weird. I actually had to replace them, close the door, then open it again to get them to work. I have no idea why this is the case.

Umberto.... Are those W5W lights compatible with the puddle lights as well? I think they are the same all around as you stated.

Pb1036

Reaction score
I'm a new owner of a 13 hse . Changed out all the lights except the doors. Wasn't aware they were there until I read this so I ordered 4 more. I am having trouble with the glove box light, no idea how to change it. Any tips? I dropped the glove box but I don't have enough room. Btw, my fuse blew #57 and that gave me a transmission fault which I thought was strange. All fixed up now.

dj_karl

Reaction score
Make sure also that the LED bulbs have the correct voltage specification.

neezer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The solution to the front 2 doors' puddle lights replacement with LEDs is, to install, close the door(s), lock the car, unlock, start the engine, and it should work. If not, while engine still running, close the door, open it again, and then it definitely should work.

Not sure why the circruitry is "different" somehow for the front 2 doors puddle lights specifically, but clearly they are.

Now the final thing is, how to do the glovebox...it's at a weird angle and it's recessed! I am thinking not to bother with it (did everything else) :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut