LR4 Keyless Entry Hacked, Stolen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

namenda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw this on youtube; not my vehicle. No details are provided, but is a right-hand LR4, probably from the UK.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I saw was someone getting into an LR4 and driving off. They probably had the key.

With no other info to back this up, im calling BS.

Edit: also video has no detail in description and is titled as an lr3, when it's a lr4... actually discovery 4 since its right hand drive. Seems kinda weak as evedence.

Last edited:

Frank8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are there any verified instances of LRs getting hacked?

Frank

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are there any verified instances of LRs getting hacked?

Frank

None that I have read. (my only credentials are that of a forum addicted enthusiast who reads about 6 different Land Rover forums for the last 6 years and also follows some of the Infosec community)

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish that whole keyless thing was an option you could easily turn off and just use a key. (other than the blade hidden in the fob which access the hidden key hole)

Some people keep their keys in shielded pouches any time they are away from the car. I actually bought one for times that I need to hide a key on the vehicle.

If you're curious, there are lot of these out there. This is the smallest I could find; Faraday Key Fob Bag

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA