Lr4 Mpg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rover7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After my first 1000 miles I started to keep track of fuel consumption. This is based on one tank of gas, with no quick starts off the line. This was also 85% city, 15% highway. Also, the AC was on all the time.

According to the truck Trip A(298 miles) & Avg MPG, it read 18.8.

According to my calculations: Drove 298 total miles/Filled up using 17.5 gallons =17.3 MPG

Not that bad IMO.

Rover7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it is good. I'm trying to get all city driving on this tank to get a real good number. So far i am getting a 17.7 mpg on the readout, with no highway at all. This weekend i am going to NY so i will get some highway numbers...of course driving on NY highways is usually something between driving in a parking lot & off road.

One caveat here is, slow starts and i'm not speeding. Not how i normally drive but i still like to see what its capable of getting. I would be happy with a 17 mpg mixture for sure.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd love to see some high speed (65-70mph) sustained highway numbers.
If you see high teens now, you should see 20 on the highway.
Thanks for sharing the data.

Rover7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some more numbers. Highway numbers is just a small sample, so i believe they will get better. City numbers are a huge surprise thus far.

City Trip A 297 miles Truck Reading: 17.9 mpg CITY

Hwy Trip B 86 miles Truck Reading: 19.3 mpg HWY 60-70 mph

Total miles: 383 Filled up 18.2 gallons Manual MPG: 21.0 MPG's

Truck reading: 46 miles until empty would = 429 per tank of gas

The grandmom starts are still in effect. Staying at the speed limit, or trying to-).

Hopefully some other new Lr4 owners can chime in.

LR4Rover

Reaction score
we are driving around town mostly and i drive it like i would if gas were free. so far about 15 mpg all around. I was expecting much worse based on the LR3 averages and the window sticker numbers. Very pleased that it is not that much difference than our lexus was....and so much more exciting to drive.

Rover7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we are driving around town mostly and i drive it like i would if gas were free. so far about 15 mpg all around. I was expecting much worse based on the LR3 averages and the window sticker numbers. Very pleased that it is not that much difference than our lexus was....and so much more exciting to drive.
Thats not bad. Glad your liking it. For now I'm "driving miss daisy", lol. I think avoiding the quick starts is really the key...but i'm sure it won't last much longer either...lol...keep the feedback coming

Rover7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a quick MPG update:

Using the same specs as in post 6, I got 17.6 mpg's/

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
All local travel for my last tank full: Normal driving, no grandmom starts but not nailing it either. This is also buzzing around some jobsites, lots of stop and go.

280 miles Filled up with 18.5 Gallons 15.1 MPG

Computer readout on truck read 16.8 MPG
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No long hwy trips yet, but i will be surprised if I don't get over 20 mpg's/

2160 miles traveled so far: No issues.

Rover7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, next tank of all local travel driving like I normally do:

15.1 303 miles, 20 gallons. Same as previous reading.

Computer readout also remained the same at 16.8 mpg..

Why such a big discrepency? (i reset the TRip A at fillup each time)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut