LR4 Satellite Radio Reception Issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nolift911

Reaction score
Does anyone have poor reception on their satellite radio - it seems to be very sensitive and based on other cars with satellite radio that I have had - overly sensitive. It take forever to change stations - like a 5-10 second pause and when you go under an overpass it stops all together for 5-10 seconds -

I know you need a clear view of the sky for satellite radio but driving under a tiny one lane overpass at 80mph (it is blocked for maybe .5 seconds) should not lose reception - anyone else have this issue?

Also when you change stations it take for ever to resestablish contact with the satellite.

Thanks -

jwscfa

Reaction score
I traded an X5 for my LR4, both with Sirius. On my LR4 the sensitivity in so far as drop outs , going under bridges etc. seems about the same as the X5. I do agree that it takes longer to change stations versus the BMW but not noticeably slower.

mhb907

Reaction score
Dropped Signal

I have been having dropped signal problems on the satellite radio on my LR3. The dealer replaced the Sirius module and the radio worked fine with almost no dropped signals. After about five weeks, the new module has started dropping the signal.

The dealer wants to try an after-market antenna before replacing the module for a second time.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue with my 2008 LR3, very slow obtaining the signal after changing station. I have XM on my wifes Acura and I wish the LR was half as fast. I am goint o check into that Sirius module, there may be hope1

ndrenfro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Sirius reception is pretty bad. Just driving down a highway in the city on a perfectly clear day and the satellite loses reception for a couple minutes. I think i will be taking it in for a replacement.

ndrenfro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My satellite reception is worse than i originally thought :argh:. Just about every time i start up the car, Sirius works for about 3 minutes. Then it gets spotty for a few minutes, then it just goes ocmpletely dead for 15-20 minutes. After that, kind of randomly, it comes back on and will stay on for a long time. Anyone else having an issue with the sat radio completely dropping all reception for 15-30 minutes? I told the dealer and he said that LR knows about the sat issues and are working on it. I wonder though if my problem is different from what they are working on.

vivaldi1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same Problem

I upgraded from a 2005 Acura TL that had XM to the LR4 with Sirius and my 2005 and the difference in satellite reception is night and day.

The Acura would barely flinch hundreds of feet into a tunnel and the LR4 always hiccups going under even very small bridges down the highway - which gets annoying over time. Switching channels on the Acura was instant, and now the typical behavior on the LR4 with a station switch is more often than not a several second delay while it attempts to re-connect with the satellite. I feel bad complaining about it, but if my 2005 was able to handle this established technology so well, it just makes me wonder what else is lurking in my LR4's future.

I'm chalking it up to poor hardware/software engineering with the antenna system and something I won't get fixed by the dealer at this point unless I hear otherwise.

-Willie

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 LR4 i bought a few weeks ago and have the exact problems. Has there been a solution? Is it an LR4 thing, or a Sirius thing? Has anyone had similar reception problems with AM??

ndrenfro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cypress - You might have a faulty satellite module. My reception was horrible, not working more often than it did work. Anyway, the dealer replaced the satellite module and it works perfect now. I had to wait a couple weeks to get it, as the module was on backorder. You should talk to your dealer and have him replace the module for you.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV