LR4 Transmission Fluid Change: Pan Swap Option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, this is great stuff guys. Thanks. Won't have to do mine for some time, but great info.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am willing to put some extra effort into DIY's and documentation on this forum because I think this is the best place for it. With a little effort by the long term owners here, we can make this the best source for focused technical discussions of LR4. I feel like expo and disco.co.uk have some good info, but its also a much larger variety of topics and the uk site just complicates things due to parts availability, non-NAS differences and so forth.

Folks are coming out of warranty in larger numbers and also new owners of used examples. So I think we will see the forum continue to change over time.

I plan to do my trans work when it warms up as I mentioned, but it would be great if PFunk951 could get to it first. @Pfunk951 did you order from Rimmer Bros?

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x10 on what MBW just said.. Just think- this thread started only 48 hours ago and we didn't have a collective clue on what this was or how to do this.. We are now standing by to finalize a comprehensive instruction on:

1. What to buy

2. Where to get it, and

3. How to do it

You gotta love forums!!

Parts are on their way.. Attached is the order and full cost to the U.S.- shipping is a bit, but not terrible..

I'll let everyone know when it shows up, and will start procuring fluid now so that we can hopefully have this whole procedure documented before February.

Thanks again to all,

Mike

735459-Tiny.jpg

Easy Fit Automatic Transmission Filter Conversion Kit - Britpart DA2142Part No. LR007474BPKITEF
$89.78

Order Summary

Subtotal:

$89.78
Shipping UPS / Fedex Courier Delivery Charge:

$35.29
Total Cost:

$125.08

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shame I'm low on miles because I have a lift and a well-lit garage and can take good photos. If I ever get to something that has not been well documented, I'll do the DIY write-up.

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's hilarious... Good thing it's "well lit" and he can take "good photos"..

Update:

The stuff should be here by Saturday. Picked up the IR thermometer for $19 at Lowe's. If you don't have one of these, you should get one as they are really cool, and can be used on nearly anything. Shined it on my wife's butt and told her "the meter is just flashing the word 'SHAZAM'". The couch has been comfortable..

I have been in contact with Brian W. at Atlantic British, and he stated he can get the pan kit if there is interest. This might be a U.S. source if anyone is looking.

In addition, he stated that part number LRN13754 for the fluid. I googled this and got both the Febi Bilstein fluid and the Land Rover branded fluid. The Land Rover branded fluid says "Made in Germany and packaged in USA" on it, and the Febi fluid states " Made in Germany". Is this the same fluid, and LR just put it in another container? Febi is half the price..

Thanks again,

Mike

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This entire thread is awesome.

Shined it on my wife's butt and told her "the meter is just flashing the word 'SHAZAM'". The couch has been comfortable..

Classic Mike.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Update:

The stuff should be here by Saturday. Picked up the IR thermometer for $19 at Lowe's. If you don't have one of these, you should get one as they are really cool, and can be used on nearly anything. Shined it on my wife's butt and told her "the meter is just flashing the word 'SHAZAM'". The couch has been comfortable..

I have been in contact with Brian W. at Atlantic British, and he stated he can get the pan kit if there is interest. This might be a U.S. source if anyone is looking.

In addition, he stated that part number LRN13754 for the fluid. I googled this and got both the Febi Bilstein fluid and the Land Rover branded fluid. The Land Rover branded fluid says "Made in Germany and packaged in USA" on it, and the Febi fluid states " Made in Germany". Is this the same fluid, and LR just put it in another container? Febi is half the price..

Thanks again,

Mike

If you found that fluid under the same LR part number, then I would guess it is the same. I would be interested in a AB source for these parts. I am going to order as soon as you wrap this project up (just in case you learn something doing this process that would influence me). Thanks for going first. Right now my project list is dominated by my 2006 Infiniti G35x. It's AWD and has as many diffs and transfer cases as the LR4.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Mike

Don't understand what is so funny. You don't think having a lift allows you to take good photos of the underside of a vehicle?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV