LR4 wiper noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vindio

Reaction score
I've searched the forum, but didn't find anything (just a related thread on the LR3 board, with no resolution).

The driver side windshield wiper on my 2011 LR4 makes this "snap/crack" sound when it finishes the wipe pattern, just as it reverses direction. At first, I thought the blade was hitting the driver side A-pillar, so I adjusted the travel, to no avail.

The issue seems to be there regardless of what wipers I'm using (Bosch on there now), or the condition of the windshield itself.

Anybody out there seen this?

Thanks

v

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have found Bosch (Icon) to be very bad for this. Now I just use the Costco specials (Michelin).

slim0531

Reaction score
I have found Bosch (Icon) to be very bad for this. Now I just use the Costco specials (Michelin).
Use the same thing too. Cheap enough that I can change blades twice a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Currently on a set of 22" Rain-X Latitude. They're alright - no "snap" at the apex of the wipe, an issue I also experienced with other wiper blades from Valeo and Bosch that I tried in the past. The Valeos were the noisiest.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Valeos were the noisiest.

Hey! I started using Valeos on your recommendation! I haven't found them to be any more obnoxious than other brands and the price is reasonable on AMZ. I may give the Rain-X a try next. It's easy to experiment with wiper blades and I suppose that differences in climate, road chemicals, and other factors can make for different user experiences even on similar vehicles.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, sorry. The Valeo did work fine for a while, but eventually they started making this "clunk" noise as well. I swapped them around, but the clunk continued. Perhaps I had a bad set. Found a set of Rain-X on sale somewhere and replaced them. The Valeo were the best at adhering to the windshield both on the way up and the way back down, squeegeeing it to perfection. Can't say the same about the Rain-Xs, they run quiet but they leave a little smearing on the way down of the driver's side. The never ending search for the perfect wiper blade continues...

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happy with Trico Ice winter wiper blades, even when used in summer. Best I have found so far.

Also, I wipe the blades with alcohol on a paper towel about once a month to remove the road grime.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, I wipe the blades with alcohol on a paper towel about once a month to remove the road grime.

Good call. I use the combo RainX treatment/windshield cleaner but I don't think it's as effective as the full-blown RainX treatment (which I have but am mostly too lazy to do). I will give straight alcohol a try...on the windshield, that is.

vindio

Reaction score
Based on everybody's feedback, I've ordered a set of Rain-X Latitudes. Will report back ...

Thank you!

v

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used Silblade wiper blades since the early 00's. They last years. In fact, they've always outlived my ownership of whatever car I've put them on, so I've never had to replace a Silblade. The longest was probably my 80 series Land Cruiser, which I think I had another 5 years after putting Silblades on.

On the LR4, however, the Silblades I bought off Amazon did not come with the correct adapter. I had to run to my local Advanced O'Reilly Zone and get the correct adapters. Since then, they've been problem free.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut