LR5 Release Updates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I test drove a new A4 Allroad last week. It's not the same as the old A6 based Allroad (lacking the adjustable air suspension) but it is very close in dimensions due to model bloat. It would make a nice garage companion to an LR4.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I test drove a new A4 Allroad last week. It's not the same as the old A6 based Allroad (lacking the adjustable air suspension) but it is very close in dimensions due to model bloat. It would make a nice garage companion to an LR4.

I just saw a green new allroad the other day...very sharp. Dynamic rear turn signals looked awesome. Just hope they got the part-time quattro right. We had an MDX and hated the part-time AWD. On slippery roads it would engage which provided traction then suddenly disengage which would cause slight fishtailing then it would start the cycle all over. Not a confidence-inspiring way to drive through a snow storm.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know Audi is a luxury brand and that there is no comparison to the brand I am about to mention, but still what do you think about Subaru, its boxer engine tech and Symmetrical AWD, etc.

I know they lack in design (off the record and privately admitted by one of their representatives at the LA auto show), but I personally think if they improved in that area, its not a bad car and value for rain/snow storms etc. At the auto show I got the impression that they are a growing company and seemed to care about what the potential buyer thinks.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know Audi is a luxury brand and that there is no comparison to the brand I am about to mention, but still what do you think about Subaru, its boxer engine tech and Symmetrical AWD, etc.

I know they lack in design (off the record and privately admitted by one of their representatives at the LA auto show), but I personally think if they improved in that area, its not a bad car and value for rain/snow storms etc. At the auto show I got the impression that they are a growing company and seemed to care about what the potential buyer thinks.

I just helped a friend pick out a used Outback for his 16 year old son. (Ever see the "they lived" commercial?) Very safe and practical and boring. Somewhat cheap interior. CVT sucks. But a very good transportation appliance with very little character. Still better than an ugly Toyota though.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really, CVT sucks in those? And yeah boring design for sure. But great tech as far as engine and AWD system. AWD system better than any competing wagon in that class imho. Looking at their site, the interior with dual tone beige/black combination looks nice.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut