LR5 Release Updates?

Discussion in 'Discovery 5' started by toddjb122, May 21, 2015.

1. navigare

navigare Well-Known Member

I forgot the quote...

2. AxelR

AxelR Full Access Member

It looks like you're spamming the boards so I took the time to report you. You can always become a sponsor if you'd like!

3. catman

catman Full Access Member

Now that there is sufficient inventory on hand, it is clearer where Land Rover is positioning this vehicle. There are more D5's over 80k than there are under 60k. The average and/or median price point has moved higher. With a baby Disco on the way in 2019, they will fill out quite a price range with one "family" of vehicles. I suspect the Defender will work in much the same way, I would think LR will ultimately offer Defender versions from as low as $30k to as much as $90k, plus the additional SVO options for anyone wanting a trophy car in their mega-garage.

under $55K (6)
    $55K - $59,999 (30)
    $60K - $64,999 (132)
    $65K - $69,999 (436)
    $70K - $74,999 (320)
    $75K - $79,999 (366)
    $80,000 and over (40)

4. PaulLR3

PaulLR3 Full Access Member

Very true. I paid around $65K for our 2013 HSE-LUX. A similar D5 HSE-LUX with air suspension, low gear, full size spare and some of the new on-road technology is $75K. I like the D5, but after every test drive I got back in my LR4 and determined I like my LR4 better. Hard to pay $75K for a vehicle you don't love.

ThamesDitton likes this.
  5. toddjb122

toddjb122 Full Access Member

Thanks for sharing that table. Interesting orders. I guess not surprising though.
    I don't think LR will ever sell anything in the states for less that $50K.
    (I'm not including the LR2 in "everything", because... please.) :laugh:

Seems all they import to the States are the luxury versions of the car. When I was installing a rack a few months ago, I was surprised how many LR4 youtube videos showed installs on rovers without the roof glass. I didn't even know they made the car without that top glass!!! (which I think is kind of silly to have in situations when you just plan on covering it with an expedition rack anyway).

Anyway, yeah, Defenders price point I bet will be only $10K less than the Discovery, if that. They'll target it as a parallel vehicle for a different market. Thus justifying the price overlap. When what they should really do is ship one with vinyl seats, no wood grain, and able to clean out with a hose after a day on the trail.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017 at 12:11 PM
    ThamesDitton likes this.
  6. navigare

navigare Well-Known Member

I’ve just found a company that make racks with an opening for the sunroof! At extra price:).