LR5 Release Updates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you guys truly expect prices to remain the same as time goes by? 7 years since the introduction of the LR4 (closer to 8 really) and the price goes up... inflation and better equipment will explain most of it and demand will explain the rest.

It's hard for me because somehow I still live in 1990s dollars. But my first RR 1991 SWB -which I loved but was generally a pile of crap compared with what you get with the new Land Rovers- had a sticker of somewhere in the $45,000 range. So with 80% inflation, and TONS of improvements mechanical and electonic, looking at it that way $75,000 doesn't seem so bad.

Still, it's ridiculous that they make the HD pack only available with the LUX. They might as well add 24" wheels to the HD package just to make even less sense of it.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to my dealership for my 15k maintenance and the sales staff said they will be getting a demo soon. They are going to call me when it comes in so I can test drive it. I've been ******* the design so I'd like the drive to prove me wrong, had anyone here actually driven one yet?

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to my dealership for my 15k maintenance and the sales staff said they will be getting a demo soon. They are going to call me when it comes in so I can test drive it. I've been ******* the design so I'd like the drive to prove me wrong, had anyone here actually driven one yet?

I'm anxious to actually drive one as well. It's going to come down to a new Discovery or Q7 for me.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree...our 2013 HSE-LUX with rear locker, XM radio and roof rails was $65K. My similar 2017 Discovery build is $71K. Of course the Discovery does have some new tech that wasn't available on the LR4. The other vehicle I'm considering is an Audi Q7. A loaded Prestige model with air suspension is also $71K.

I had an LR4 and miss it dearly. Been through a couple other vehicles and currently have had a Q7 Premium Plus with every option but the Drivers Package. If you have no desire for any ability to go off-road then the Q7 is a very very good cross over SUV with a casual suspension setup (never driven the air but assume its similar to LR4's and not nearly as stiff as our X5 50i with sports package, granted X5 handles much better if you like the sports car feel), quick acceleration (fastest compared to everything else in the segment with a 6 cylinder engine) and impressive fuel economy for something so large (typically get 26 @ 75-80, go 28.5 the other day at over 60 mph average). Tech is pretty good and mine has mostly been bullet proof. I do have a growing list for the dealer for the next visit. Granted, have not had to lemon law it.... I have put 22k miles on it.

Certainly doesn't have the character of a Land Rover.

Last edited:

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the input epiclr4. I have owned about 10 Audis over the years and all were fun to drive. I test drove the new Q7 and really liked it. Reminded me more of my old allroad on level 3 than an SUV. Just wish I could order one with a spare tire in place of the kids-size third row like you can in other markets.

That is awesome mpg for your new Q7. Our old 4.2 Q7 got 20 mpg going downhill with a tailwind. LR4 typically gets 19 highway. Maybe the Discovery will do better given the weight reduction.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the UK D5 forum today, if accurate it looks like they are hitting the US shores...

upload_2017-3-21_19-18-11.png

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the input epiclr4. I have owned about 10 Audis over the years and all were fun to drive. I test drove the new Q7 and really liked it. Reminded me more of my old allroad on level 3 than an SUV. Just wish I could order one with a spare tire in place of the kids-size third row like you can in other markets.

That is awesome mpg for your new Q7. Our old 4.2 Q7 got 20 mpg going downhill with a tailwind. LR4 typically gets 19 highway. Maybe the Discovery will do better given the weight reduction.

Best number I have seen stated with the V6 Supercharged is 21mpg on the highway. If this is true it will be a let down as I was hoping for the RRS 23 number on the highway. Getting 500+ miles in my Q7 is wonderful! One thing I always hated with my LR4 as its milage was more of a sports car in 300 miles or less typically.

This is my first Audi and while I enjoy some things there are some design items that I would call flaws or short sighted that have pushed me to almost get rid of the vehicle. If you have had Audi's before maybe you are use to it but being an BMW guy they are very frustrating. Oh well, nothing I would have figured out on a test drive. So many interesting vehicles coming out in the next year that its fine to wait and see what could be good next.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the UK D5 forum today, if accurate it looks like they are hitting the US shores...

View attachment 6998

My dealership buddy has told me that they might be getting a demo vehicle for a couple days in a no name small town so I would think big cities would be having them show up at any time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA