LR5 Release Updates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's a new Range Rover

Saw one on the road today too....

c8f07a45fa9f148548055e215c04847c.jpg

;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, that is odd. I see a "capability plus package" available for the HSE that has the rear locker, but it says it is not available with the 7-Seat package or the Capability package, and I do not see any other way to get the air suspension added to the HSE. The package itself does not show as availble online....

View attachment 6980

I finally figured out that you CAN get a rear locker with an HSE, you have to select 7 seats from within the interior view page of the online configurator and then the Capability Plus Package magically appears on the options page. I guess selecting 7-seats at the end is somehow a "different" type of package.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took the advice of someone here and browsed a UK forum this weekend to see the pics they're posting of new LR5s. I have to admit, I really liked the look of everybody's new vehicles. They are sharp looking. I think the white looks like an Explorer, but in the other colors, with branding and lights...it's a sharp looking truck.

I was even starting to waiver...maybe I'd get one... then someone posted a picture with that massive tailgate raised, and I went back to my LR4 shopping. :D

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR shows 21 available in the US as of today. I am sure they are all demos and not really for sale just yet, just to facilitate orders.

I like the tan, but I think the center console lid should match it and be tan as well. Same with the rear hitch cover piece, I think that should be black when there is a black-pack added, but it remains that silver color which I find a bit odd...

I think the black pack does get rid of that silver rear skid plate. I noticed that the Ford Escape and Kia Sorrento both have that silver rear skid plate as well.

http://rules.config.landrover.com/j...d_a-std-wb/n-074ln-20_n-1aa/jdxexterior.html@

Click on rotate to turn the vehicle around.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that sure does look black to me on that configuator - pictures so far of UK ones with the black pack still have that silver, so who knows, maybe they are changing it on the fly due to feedback...

normal_IMG_2124.jpg

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or maybe the US & UK black packs are different. Funny how that photo shows how the wheel arches bulge out from the body. So different from the flat sides on the LR4.

namenda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black skid plates are only available in the black package. The black trim in the asymmetric license plate holder is only available in the dynamic design package but skid plates remain silver, which does not make sense. Black skid plates are not even available for purchase as a stand alone accessory.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is up with these little black notches above each wheel well? I had not noticed it before, but it seems to stand out and look a little strange, especially on the on the white?

2017-land_rover-discovery-1024527182.jpg

2017-land_rover-discovery-1024527187.jpg

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing than on the Evoque and such. Plastic wheel arch "extension". It flush with the sheet metal though.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR shows 21 available in the US as of today. I am sure they are all demos and not really for sale just yet, just to facilitate orders.

I like the tan, but I think the center console lid should match it and be tan as well. Same with the rear hitch cover piece, I think that should be black when there is a black-pack added, but it remains that silver color which I find a bit odd...

Nope seems to me they are for sale. Another dealership near me seems to have gotten a pretty similar one to the model I posted pictures of.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72