LR5 Release Updates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThamesDitton

Reaction score
Can you see prince Philip sitting and watching the carriage trials in a new discovery? Neither can I! The D4 looks right at home here.
7792edc8798c56f77da619d02bf8230a.jpg
97c86d858977c034976eac78229182d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove the diesel a couple days ago drove quite nice Great get up and go feels much lighter obviously than the outgoing model with losing over 1,000 pounds… I liked it little better than I thought.

The dealer has sold three cents to US sales released to the soles on one V6 and +1 diesel on order.

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang auto correct and me not paying close attention hahahahaha

And now I'll clarify

Local dealer has sold:

2 diesels
1 six
1 diesel on order pending sale

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd buy a 2017 4Runner TRD Pro before the D5. Lets hope the Defender delivers!

mpinco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since we are at altitude (6200') and offer Pikes Peak/Rocky Mountains as a testing ground the local dealer sees factory test mules fairly regularly.

Looked at the D5 during a visit to the dealer last week. I will leave it as "interesting" but not compelling. They only had one on the lot at the time, noted that the LR4 was a great sales success and that in reality the D5's formal introduction won't be until a 2018 model is shipping.

mpinco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds like complete covfefe to me!

Land Rover wishes that to be true ..........

https://themarshallreport.wordpress.com/2017/05/31/cuvfefe-mystery-solved/

Covfefe’ (pronounced “cuv – fee- fae”) is an Antediluvian term for “In the end we win.” It was commonly used by the sons of Adam to rail against the evil actions of the fallen who had led man astray.

The term gained popularity prior to the great deluge and was rarely used after the flood subsided. It regained favor around the time ****** was building his tower, after which it was entirely lost in translation at Babel.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Land Rover wishes that to be true ..........

https://themarshallreport.wordpress.com/2017/05/31/cuvfefe-mystery-solved/

Covfefe’ (pronounced “cuv – fee- fae”) is an Antediluvian term for “In the end we win.” It was commonly used by the sons of Adam to rail against the evil actions of the fallen who had led man astray.

The term gained popularity prior to the great deluge and was rarely used after the flood subsided. It regained favor around the time ****** was building his tower, after which it was entirely lost in translation at Babel.

Absolute horseshit.

mpinco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure Land Rover is thinking "In the end we win" when considering the feedback on the D5. Only time will tell.

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Land Rover advertisement is still heavily based on their overland and off road heritage. The current product line has nothing to do with it. I may be wrong with my analogy but look what happened to Acura. Their products in tbe past were great ( up to 2008 model year). Everything after that is boring and inferior to what they used to offer.
Land Rover is losing what made land rover special and customers which were loyal for decades. They are gaining new clients cross shoping BMW, Audi, Lexus, Volvo. I am sure they will make good profit but Land Rover is losing its identity. Once it is gone , the brand name will be gone. I am keeping my 2013 LR4. When the time will come to replace it I hope Land Rover will have a real off road vehicle in a price I would be able to pay.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut