Lucky8 Steelie Wheels - Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tdavis14

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum here. Last week I purchase a set of steelie wheels from lucky8 then grabbed a set of grabbers and johnson rods. When I went to have them installed, my tech and I noticed something odd about the lug bolts that were recommended to me for purchase with the wheels. ( We had the wheels and tires mounted and noticed that the lugs almost didn't seem safe enough to put on. So instead, I used the factory lugs to secure the wheels down. (They look like s*** and stick out quite a bit more than the ones I paid for, but seem to have a much safer contact point with the wheel)

My worry - has anyone had this problem before? Have people heard of these falling off? Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I love the wheels and the look, but I don't want to run a set up that's unsafe.

I attached a picture of what the truck looks like from this morning and have reached out to lucky8 as well.

Let me know what you guys think and what some solutions may be. I will try to take some more up close shots of my concern.

Glad to be on here!

Trevor.

Attachments

• LR3.jpg
    LR3.jpg
    465.3 KB · Views: 95

Bostonian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regarding the lug nuts, check out my thread a couple down about the same issue I have, you can buy new ones but they are spendy.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you bought the lug nuts from Lucky8, you need to call Justin ASAP and get this taken care of. Using the wrong lug nuts can cause you to have a failure.

tdavis14

Reaction score
Boston - which wheels are you running?

Disco - spoke with Justin and I should be fine. I am currently running the stock lugs and haven't had any problems thus far...it's just less pretty.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha. Rods. Did you reset all 16 suspension bushings at raised height in addition to basic alignment? Doubt it but don't screw around with this...did you or not?

FYI you should've just given the rods and alignment money to a homeless person but now instead you'll just wonder why the tires scrub the hell out of your fender liners and bumper firstvtime you go on a real trail LOL

"Bolts" come out of the hub. Nuts go on bolts. This is not an Audi or BMW so you didn't use any wheel bolts - which thread through the wheel from outside and into the hub.

Last edited:

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...then grabbed a set of grabbers and johnson rods....

Trevor.

Who told you to buy the rods? There is literally zero benefit but several bad things about using them full time.

A. Maximum lift is available without them. They provide no magic.

B. They set the driveline out of ideal angles for full time driving and reduce high speed handling and thus safety significantly. (An insurance co could easily argue an accident is your fault)

C. They cause additional wear to most of the suspension parts as well as the air compressor having to run a lot more.

Return the dumb rods and get an electronic control interface. Learn to utilize the vehicle to its full extent without having to ride 'lifted' all the time.

The wheels are pretty cool. Depending on tire size, you'll have to do several modifications the fender liner areas which are required even with rods for any useful wheel articulation. Rods solve none of that off-road.

We can teach you what to do.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA