Main Brake lights out.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Hi, The lower brake lights are out and I have no codes in the computer. I went ahead and checked the bulbs which have been working fine for about 2 years. They were fine. Went ahead and replaced the break peddle switch with no effect. I have checked and replaces Fuse 66 and the other 15 amp Fuse on the passage side for got the number.

Now I am on to more serious trouble shooting. I think that I lost the lights when I used my HDC but can't be sure. After the hill I drove a mile or so down the road I did get a warning light about suspension fault. I took a look at the onboard computer and did see my hight sensor was little out of wack so I pulled off the road and turned the car off and on and the malfunction was gone. This kinda of Crud is driving me crazy. The question of the day is where should I look next? Matt

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get yourself an IIDTool and read the fault. Then you will know the problem and can fix it instead of guessing.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe not....I can't say that it can/will diagnose everything, but I know that it has paid for itself 10x over, for me. I think anyone on this board that has an IIDTool would say the same.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Maybe not....I can't say that it can/will diagnose everything, but I know that it has paid for itself 10x over, for me. I think anyone on this board that has an IIDTool would say the same.
Got you...I have been using the OBDLink...It does basic code clearing and some performance...Not real good for trouble shooting.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the benefits of the IIDTool is that the info for the faults and codes is more specific, and you can do various software updates and EAS calibration.

maxx4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
isn't there a separate fuse link in the rear too - it's the little fuse box for the trailer wiring and whatnot...I think the rear lights might be in that cluster too. I think it's by the rear blower if memory serves (just remember reading about it in the manual). Not sure if you've already checked that or not...other than that I would start looking for a cut wire or a rusted out connector etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV