MAJOR missfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ralphdtd

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I recently got myself a disco 1(1998 v8 4.0L). The truck run great even with a lack of power for a few day then started to missfire a lot. I cheked and tested everything, fuel pressure ;compretion;spark plug; wire ; ignition coil ; coil + and - alimentation ; computer ; crank and cam sensor ; vss ; etc. I left the car inside a heated garage for 2 day and randomly started running well. Took it for a drive and after couple minute it was worst then never, run so bad that the catalytic converters melted and opened. I'm new to the Land Rover world and I have no idea where to cheke right now, got told that it could be a static problem with my fuse box but I ain't sure at all about this. If anyone could help me or point me into any direction I would really apreciate it.
Thanks a lot!!
Ralph.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If it melted the cats, it is way too rich. Normally caused by temp sensor it will show the ECU the engine is still cold and keep running very rich till it warms up which it will not do.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut