Making a case for the D5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Quijote - I bought my 2016 LR4 HSE (non hd) new for $56k...put 20k miles on it and sold it in july for $54,500. It was a SCV6. Was able to get a '15 lux HD with more miles for a decent price since that is what I really wanted. Just saying, the resale value is there, but doesn't matter to me.

I really hope I can keep my LR4 until the "wheels fall off" --- so not even concerned about resale value. Neither should anyone else who plans on keeping it that long. that's kind of my point.

Sure, because your care was essentially new and with plenty of factory warranty. I wasn't really talking about the LR4 though. I was talking about how the 80K D5 will hold up. I might do well though, but so far given the reception, it's an unknown.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure, because your care was essentially new and with plenty of factory warranty. I wasn't really talking about the LR4 though. I was talking about how the 80K D5 will hold up. I might do well though, but so far given the reception, it's an unknown.

Glad you made that point because I will never buy a new new LR again after knowing more about CPOs. Let's say that someone buys a LR and doesn't like it...they put a few thousand miles on it then trade it in. Well...if it's been titled once, they can't sell it as a new car...even if they only put 1k miles on it...then it gets the CPO tag slapped on it and the warranty goes from 5yr/50k to 7yr/100k. There was a used 2017 RRS with 9k miles on the lot with the CPO warranty that was less money than a new 2017 RRS with a lesser warranty. CPO is the way to go.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
- No fold flat seats...This was an initial complaint of mine but if you fold them down they are "flatish". Auto fold function is pretty cool. Still kind of a con but not as big of an issue as I first thought.
I thought the deal was it is "flatish" on the first fold, but you can hold the button again and it goes totally flat? If you still have the vehicle, double check this. That is a key point for me. I am not a fan of flat"ish"...
- The diesel, well I just expected more, that's all. But not horrible by any standard (well, I zen drive, so maybe for you "race car" drivers it will be bad)
The diesel. Such a long wait. Nothing special, huh? Bummer.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha @ "And congrats on finding the good angle to snap a picture!"

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What work were you having done that it was worth a week or more of dealer time?

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the deal was it is "flatish" on the first fold, but you can hold the button again and it goes totally flat? If you still have the vehicle, double check this. That is a key point for me. I am not a fan of flat"ish"...

The diesel. Such a long wait. Nothing special, huh? Bummer.

Pump the brakes.... You're totally correct... They DO go completely down if you press it twice... And I did it from the touchscreen which was cool.
MVIMG_20180319_155857.jpg

Last edited:

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also see that they found clever ways to store items. There is a cubby behind the center console, a slot for a cellphone by the center cup holders and the door handle has been closed up so you can put a phone or something there... It also has an ambient light over it which is pretty neat. They also maintained the two panel glovebox but the top one is now twice as large

MVIMG_20180319_160901.jpg
MVIMG_20180319_160839.jpg

MVIMG_20180319_160845.jpg

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What work were you having done that it was worth a week or more of dealer time?
Oil, brakes, horn, rattle upfront and my touchscreen had lines in it. They stay busy since they're the only dealer around. We've purchased 3 Land Rovers from them so they always treat us well when it comes to loaners. I love that dealership.

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Above are my exact sentiments.. After 1.5k miles in the LR5 I came to the conclusion that it's not a terrible vehicle- it's just not what I got into this game for.. If BMW made that truck it would have been making headlines everywhere; it would have been the first SUV they made that could be taken seriously off road.. With an interior right out of a luxury sedan.

When I hopped back into my LR4 and drove it home, I smiled the whole damn way.

Mike

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV