Meridian sound system on MY14 LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is one confirmed change for the upcoming 2014 LR4. The sound system will no longer be by Harman Kardon, but by Meridian (the LR4 will actually be the last vehicle in Land Rover's NAS lineup to include it. Evoque, Range Rover, the newly launched RRS and even the LR2 already have it), the Meridian Surround Sound 825-watt, 17-speaker system will be the new "high line" option to replace the HK Logic7 system offered up to MY2013.

Source: http://blog.interactivelandrover.com/blog.do?id=950&p=entry

Last edited:

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be a great comparison then. The HK Logic7 system in my 2013 is also 825-watt, 17-speaker system.

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's great news for 2014 buyers. I'm really enjoying the 825 watt HK system in my 2013 as it's a big upgrade over the less powerful system in my previous 2010. It sounds like the Meridien will be even better.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's great news for 2014 buyers. I'm really enjoying the 825 watt HK system in my 2013 as it's a big upgrade over the less powerful system in my previous 2010. It sounds like the Meridien will be even better.

Well, you don't get a V8 sound, so they have to give you something else to listen to.

(oh snap)

JMC08

Reaction score
I don't know, I think both makers offer good choices. I love the Harmon Kardon 1200 watt system in my Range Rover. It is fantastic with movies. On the other hand, the upgraded Meridian system in our Range Rover Sport is pretty good too.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the other hand, the upgraded Meridian system in our Range Rover Sport is pretty good too.

AFAIK, MY13 (and earlier) Sport should still fitted with HK systems, either the base 380W or the upgraded 825W Logic7. Meridian is being offered on the all-new 2014 RRS that's just now making its way into dealerships.

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is one confirmed change for the upcoming 2014 LR4. The sound system will no longer be by Harman Kardon, but by Meridian (the LR4 will actually be the last vehicle in Land Rover's NAS lineup to include it. Evoque, Range Rover, the newly launched RRS and even the LR2 already have it), the Meridian Surround Sound 825-watt, 17-speaker system will be the new "high line" option to replace the HK Logic7 system offered up to MY2013.

Source: http://blog.interactivelandrover.com/blog.do?id=950&p=entry

I wonder if this means the LR4 is going to stay the same for a while. It seems like a fairly large change for a vehicle that is supposed to be redesigned soon...

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've listened to Meridian home components: they are a rather nice mid hifi brand. Which doesn't mean a whole lot in car applications, in my experience,since there are many different factors different from home listening environment. It seems that a lot of audio companies have ventured into this area with a different degree of success. Krell on an Acura and ML premium on LX570 have been the best I've listened to.

Re: Meridian, I checked it out on a loaner Evoque. It's moderately nicer than my HK, and all things being equal, would be a good $2k upgrade

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV