Mute Backup Sensors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

preca

Reaction score
Backup sensor

Is there a easily identified fuse to disable the bumper sensors? I live with my bike rack on.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a easily identified fuse to disable the bumper sensors? I live with my bike rack on.

If you can find a trailer light tester, one of the small ones, you can just plug that in and leave it in. If they tow electrics sense you have a trailer hooked up, it wont sound the rear sensors.

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's also a system setting for volume levels that you can change. One of those levels is for the parking sensor. Mine was set obnoxiously high, and I've set it down since. I also do the bike rack thing, and I'm pretty fast at hitting the parking sensor button when I reverse.

Hi. :hello: GoLoaf

Where are you adjusting this ? Under the music note icon on the dash. If you hold for a bit it changes screen to various volume levels? I don't see park sensor adjustment there. Mine is too low and even with the volume down on the radio it's still way too low.

Thanks for the info.

GoLoaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi. :hello: GoLoaf

Where are you adjusting this ? Under the music note icon on the dash. If you hold for a bit it changes screen to various volume levels? I don't see park sensor adjustment there. Mine is too low and even with the volume down on the radio it's still way too low.

Thanks for the info.

Here's how I get there on my '12:

Setup -> System -> Volume presets -> Parking Aid

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The infotainment system was extensively overhauled on MY2012+, so volume control for the parking aid system may not be available on earlier models.

Expat93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you solve this? I'm having the same problem and pushing the button 10 times a day is getting old.

Travis

Reaction score
I know this is an older thread, but I'd like to mute the backup sensors on my 2011 Land Rover LR4 HSE when I have a trailer hooked up and I am reversing. I used to have a different 2011 LR4 HSE Lux and that had the Park Sensor mute button on the dash I could push and shut it off. My current 2011 LR4 HSE (non-Lux) does not have this button. I installed the trailer wiring in both vehicles - it did not come from the factory with it. But the vehicle seems to know a trailer is attached because when either of the blinkers are flashing when the trailer is plugged in, the trailer icon in the instrument panel flashes. Any thoughts?

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 2013 Lux I can control the volume of the backup sensors while beeping by using the radio volume knob. Maybe you at least turn the volume way down.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut