NEW LR3 LR4 GAS TANK SKID PLATE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SteveLK8Parts

Reaction score
As Justin says the stock skid plates look to be made from used world war 2 era tin cans Land Rover found laying around the countryside. Don't trust that to protect your low hanging vulnerable gas tank. The Proud Rhino gas tank skid plate is made from 3/8 Aluminum to help keep the already heavy trucks weight down. They easily bolt in using existing hardware and no modifications are needed to install. Hit the trails with confidence knowing your gas tank will be there when you are done. $508 plus shipping.

https://www.lucky8llc.com/products/proud-rhino-lr3-lr4-gas-tank-skid-plate

IMG_5116.JPG

IMG_5112.JPG

IMG_5114.JPG

Last edited:

Bogwhoppit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my petrol tank skid plate off to fix the gasket leak on top of the tank. It seemed anything but a tin can, especially when it was laying on my chest! The ridges and shape make the plate pretty tough, plus it goes up the side of the tank a bit, giving it some extra protection.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As Justin says the stock skid plates look to be made from used world war 2 era tin cans Land Rover found laying around the countryside. Don't trust that to protect your low hanging vulnerable gas tank. The Proud Rhino gas tank skid plate is made from 3/8 Aluminum to help keep the already heavy trucks weight down. They easily bolt in using existing hardware and no modifications are needed to install. Hit the trails with confidence knowing your gas tank will be there when you are done. $508 plus shipping.

https://www.lucky8llc.com/products/proud-rhino-lr3-lr4-gas-tank-skid-plate

View attachment 8193

View attachment 8194

View attachment 8195
I like it! Any chance there is a gear skid that will accompany this?

samnt650

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My OEM was dented badly causing me to lose upto 3 gallon of fuel capacity. Bang the OEM back in shape, put on the LK8 plate... Problem solved :)

jpjp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My OEM was dented badly causing me to lose upto 3 gallon of fuel capacity. Bang the OEM back in shape, put on the LK8 plate... Problem solved :)

You don't happen to have a pic of the dent by chance?
Mine is pushed in some, didn't really think about loss of capacity... you got me wondering now.

samnt650

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My fixed the OEM skid problem, soon as Erik made the add-on skid available..

My dents were near the rear of the fuel tank. That section was "flatten" over time from off roading

RBA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't consider myself cheap; I even spent over $2K on armoring almost my entire truck but $500 for that plate seems pretty expensive to me.

SteveLK8Parts

Reaction score
I don't consider myself cheap; I even spent over $2K on armoring almost my entire truck but $500 for that plate seems pretty expensive to me.

Thanks for the feedback

We are in the market to bring more options to the community at affordable prices, it is what we are known for... If you think we are missing the boat we are always trying to improve, please let us know how you were able to armor the LR3/LR4 at around that price?

Thanks

RBA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased the whole APT armor kit direct from Australia. Amazingly it all arrived at my door in 5 days. that's quicker then any shipment I ever received from Atlantic British which always takes 7-10 days. Anyway, the whole kit was about $3K Australian dollar which is about $2K USD. I don't recall the shipping off the top of my head but it wasn't more then $400.

for that price, I have rock sliders, tranny guard, oil pan guard, front guard, and lower A-arm guards.

I didn't mean to make it sound like I'm knocking you guys. It is what it is and you need to make some $. You're not running a charity.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA