New To Land Rover, HSE or HSE LUX?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score
I don't believe anyone said anything about the LUX not being a smart purchase. I will concede the point thT I was not aware you could get the vision assist package on a non LUX model. But I don't think manyeople would disagree that it ihas had it problems. As far as the leather thing goes if you rereAd MY post about it I explicitly say that it my my OPINION that it would not hold up as well. I test drove both I looked at both. I still hold that opinion. You have a different one. Great. Congratulations. When it came down to it yes I did the best deal on the HSE no LUX. It is awfully presumptuous of you to assume that anyone who didn't get the LUX couldn't afford it.

But didn't you lease your HSE, LRNewbie?

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score
I could have purchased the LUX, it wasn't a financial decision, or crutch for that matter, I just liked the non-lux leather seats more. I also like being a little more understated and simplistic since the crash of 2008. Being cheap and thrifty is now fashionable, regardless of income. Flashy, endless spending, is out.

I love it. Looking cheap and thrifty in a 2011 LR4 HSE. How do you pull that off? And how does the average person standing on the street, whom you want to impress with your thriftiness, tell the difference between a LUX and a straight HSE?

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love it. Looking cheap and thrifty in a 2011 LR4 HSE. How do you pull that off? And how does the average person standing on the street, whom you want to impress with your thriftiness, tell the difference between a LUX and a straight HSE?

Oh... Please!

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could have purchased the LUX, it wasn't a financial decision, or crutch for that matter, I just liked the non-lux leather seats more. I also like being a little more understated and simplistic since the crash of 2008. Being cheap and thrifty is now fashionable, regardless of income. Flashy, endless spending, is out.

I am new here, so I apologize in advance, but I couldn't help it..

...:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, ok... ok, I guess you can't really call a Land Rover thrifty, but it is the less expensive car I've purchased in a very long time, so for me, it is a responsible purchase.

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UGgirl97,

Believe me, I don't take your post personal and am sorry if I used your post as an example of inaccuracy as it was. I honestly don't remember whose posts I used and replied more based on the content of the posts I read. Thus I never called anyone out but I do feel strongly about making sure new posters who ask questions regarding the packages do get an honest, accurate view...sorry if I got you worked up there.

Obviously, it will be subjective, which is why they are asking for both sides. But let's face it, what comes from staunch HSE owners is at times inaccurate and baseless regarding the LUX options. That's where you guys are not understanding you are not actually helping the potential customer at all. For instance, you may have understood that the vision assist package doesn't come with the lux and can come with HSE but your post communicated otherwise. This may leave them to think the LUX has camera issues when it doesn't and don't know some of the folks with issues were actually also HSE owners too. Can you see how that is not helpful?

This should be a more engaging topic where flat-dumb assumptions are left out. I have no business commenting on the longevity of HSE leather or your projector lights as I have no idea how they function daily. Any attempt on my part about how the HSE might be lesser to the LUX would be assumptions only on my part as I don't own an HSE...well, basically I do but you get the point. But I can tell you why I appreciate my cooler box on long Texas drives to visit the inlaws, how the auto-highbeams are very nice and the memory seat is great for after my car wash guy moves my seat around , I can just hit a button to move it back to where it was. It does seem like HSE owners have way too many assumptions on why the LUX package options may not be worth it, which is fine as it's your own opinion, but the reasons given are often pure assumptions that as a LUX owner, I know isn't accurate.

Also, thanks for sharing your purchase experience as like I mentioned before, had you been able to get a LUX for what you paid for your HSE or what I paid, you would have gladly taken it. I was not looking for the LUX either so I feel like I understand where most of the HSE folks come from...for $60k, all the LUX options were not worth it to me at the time. For $48k, hell yea!

I'm sure I repeated myself a few times in this post as it's late but I honestly am trying to communicate this as not to upset folks but to hopefully ask that the HSE folks put a little more thought not around your opinions on why you chose an HSE, but the assumptions you're making about the LUX options or at least qualifying them better since you do have resident "LUX experts" who will gladly offer our experiences, good and bad. That to me would be more of what you termed "on the same team." I may be the most vocal LUX owner but I think this is something that will help this small community going forward.

Ougrad1,

You make a good point about being more specific when asked by someone regarding HSE and LUX...I took it for granted that people would know Vision Assist didnt come standard on the LUX and I should have clarified that.

I just want you to know none of us were slamming the LUX at all or telling him he shouldnt buy the LUX. I, for one, was just wanting the OP to know that if he decides not to spend the extra cash on the LUX, that he or she will still be very happy with the HSE truck bc I am one poster who has the HSE and I'm extremely happy. I dont feel like I am missing out and I am glad I didnt spend the extra $$ b/c it wasnt worth it to me (but it is to many other people, which is great), but if I had the chance to get the LUX for the price you got it, you can bet your bottom dollar I would be driving a LUX. They are both outstanding vehicles.

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, I too contemplated leasing mine, but there were no deals to be had: not great and not too horrible, just average.The money factor wasn't spectacular, residuals weren't artificially inflated. No special incentives to lease led me to finance it; as an added bonus, no mileage limitations to worry about

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well the attraction was initially the fact that I could go from my 06 X3 to a 2011 LR4 and drop my payment by about $80. The second thing is that I get bored with my cats after about 3 years so this way I get a new car on that time frame every 3 years. Im well aware of the two schools of thought about lease vs. buy. At tgis point in my life it makes more sense to lease. It might change someday. Thats basically it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV