New To Land Rover, HSE or HSE LUX?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well the attraction was initially the fact that I could go from my 06 X3 to a 2011 LR4 and drop my payment by about $80. The second thing is that I get bored with my cats after about 3 years so this way I get a new car on that time frame every 3 years. Im well aware of the two schools of thought about lease vs. buy. At tgis point in my life it makes more sense to lease. It might change someday. Thats basically it.
Hello LRNewbie11,

I am in the same boat as you. I was able to get rid of my 2009 ML350 (which still had a year left in the lease) and get into a 2011 LR4 HSE for less money. Leasing really works well for me because I am the only driver, put very minimal miles on my car (5-8K a year at the most), and take very good care of my cars. Plus, I can barely handle keeping a car (I get bored as well) for more than 2-3 years. It just works really well for me. Under other circumstances, I would definitely buy my car.

Have a great day!

-David

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well the attraction was initially the fact that I could go from my 06 X3 to a 2011 LR4 and drop my payment by about $80. The second thing is that I get bored with my cats after about 3 years so this way I get a new car on that time frame every 3 years. Im well aware of the two schools of thought about lease vs. buy. At tgis point in my life it makes more sense to lease. It might change someday. Thats basically it.

Let me tell you, I am like you and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have a new car every 3 years and I really pushed to lease when we got me my next car. My husband likes to buy and keep for SEVERAL HUNDRED YEARS and he bought it so I lost...but I would SO lease if it were up to me :)

Last edited:

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score
I've never leased and don't think I ever could. Just seems like a long-term rental agreement. Hate the thought of driving something around that ain't mine.

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never leased and don't think I ever could. Just seems like a long-term rental agreement. Hate the thought of driving something around that ain't mine.

Hey....are you really my husband??? LOL....:proud:

LR4Austin

Reaction score
I agree I enjoy owning my truck and would never consider a lease. I love my 2011 Nara Bronze LUX truck!

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score
Why anyone would lease is beyond me, really. You're renting the car, plain and simple. I guess leasing can get you into a better car at a lower monthly payment, but that's just code for not being able to finance it.

And if at the end of the lease term, you decide you want to buy the vehicle, you end up paying thousands of dollars more than you would have had you just financed the car in the first place.

I read somewhere--I think it was Money magazine--that if you can't afford to pay a car off in three years, then you can't afford the car and you shouldn't be driving it.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why anyone would lease is beyond me, really. You're renting the car, plain and simple. I guess leasing can get you into a better car at a lower monthly payment, but that's just code for not being able to finance it.

And if at the end of the lease term, you decide you want to buy the vehicle, you end up paying thousands of dollars more than you would have had you just financed the car in the first place.

I read somewhere--I think it was Money magazine--that if you can't afford to pay a car off in three years, then you can't afford the car and you shouldn't be driving it.
Thank you for your input.

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your input.

LOL....love your response David.

What happened to our supportive, NICE, LR4 forum? Why have certain people become so judgemental and assuming...and often, rude? It's a shame b/c if we cut all of that crap out and got back to advice and helpful hints, than it be a much more pleasant place. Here's hoping....

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't see any thing that was rude about the responses above. I see that some are very direct, but I didn't see that any of them were derogatory in anyway. Opinionated? Yeah, I will say some are quicker to point thiers out.

I've thought about leasing in the past, but haven't ever done it. I'm one that loves to drive a new car every 3-5 years, but it doesn't always happen for me. I had my last vehicle for 6 years before getting the LR4.

If it is true that you should be able to pay off a vehicle in 3 years, then I shouldn't have the LR4. I could do it, but I would have to make MAJOR changes to my life style to accomplish it. It would be about $1500-1600 a month for just a car payment. With three teenagers at home, I just wouldnt have that much extra for such a large payment.

Rob

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL....love your response David.

What happened to our supportive, NICE, LR4 forum? Why have certain people become so judgemental and assuming...and often, rude? It's a shame b/c if we cut all of that crap out and got back to advice and helpful hints, than it be a much more pleasant place. Here's hoping....
Thanks, UGAgirl! :)

I definitely appreciate all of the feedback from everyone (direct or not - hehe) and I know the pros and cons of leasing vs. buying. I definitely do NOT think leasing is for everyone, but it works for me right now. I have owned and leased cars in the past and it's worked out great. My last car (2009 ML350) was a lease and the LR dealership bought be out almost a year early. I could afford to finance it, though 3 years would mean a big payment, but at this point in my life leasing works out great for me. I may very well choose to buy my next car, just have to see what's best for me at that time.

So, I can see what everyone is saying, but the best thing is for everyone to evaluate what works best for them and be fully aware of the pros and cons of buying and leasing and make the best personal decision.

Now, onward and upward to an awesome LR4 discussion forum! :)

Regards, David

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72