NO AIR TO FRONT SUSPENSION... Read On...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drome

Reaction score
:dontknow: OK like a lot of people I was getting the error "NORMAL RIDE HEIGHT ONLY" So I took my compressor out and got a rebuild kit from X8R.
The rebuild went great on the compressor and the drier. Put new rings and seals on compressor and drier with new desiccant. Bench tested the compressor and it works better than new. Reinstalled the works and now getting the dreaded
'SUSPENSION FAULT SPECIAL PROGRAMS OFF" The rear wheels are getting air and raising nicely. I am not getting any air to the front wheels at all and I dont know why. All I can think of is that the compressor air is so much more now that it kicked loose some old powdered desiccant and clogged the lines some where. I have no idea where the lines go and what is in between the compressor and the front valve block. Which by the way I intend to pull and clean tomorrow. Can any help me find some type of routeing diagram for the LR3. I've been looking and no luck. Any help would be appreciated. :rock:

Drome

Reaction score
cool thank you. I want to pull #9 in the drawing but I have rear air and cant locate it.
I rebuilt the front and rear valve blocks with no effect. Now I get no air to rear either. It may be the tubing I'm using from the compressor. I had to cut the air lines and used some fule line as a line replacement. So I ordered a repair kit from LR. Will be here the 24th. Ill keep updating.

Drome

Reaction score
sn10.gif
So I put in the new compressor. All was good for a couple of days and now I'm getting intermittent suspension faults. No rhyme or rhythm to them. Just comes on at start up sometimes or an hour later while driving. All levels are working fine. I wish I could find a trouble shooting guide for it.
Anyone know a Land Rover mechanic on here?
buttrock.gif

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So everything works fine but you get a fault? What happens when the fault is active? Still works fine? What color fault? What does the display say? Does TR work?

Drome

Reaction score
:mad:So the compressor works fine. I get a fault yellow that says SUSPENSION FAULT, no tr with that fault. The next one says REDUCE SPEED TO UNDER 30 MPH, This one is red. It looks to me that the suspension is being set to high. Once I reset it to Normal Ride Height its fine. Even tho I'm already at Normal ride height the compressor is taking it to a different level than the old compressor did. I dont know if a ECU update will help or not. It raises very fast, and I think its too much for the current settings. This is all just speculation and can only be solve with putting out $$ for the update which may or may not solve the problem. Any suggestions???

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to be able to read the faults and diagnose. So I suggest an IIDTool like I seem to suggest to everyone. From there you can determine the root cause. If it's a bad EAS calibration and/or sensor you can take care of it yourself and your IIDTool will have paid for itself.

jaamrode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:mad:So the compressor works fine. I get a fault yellow that says SUSPENSION FAULT, no tr with that fault. The next one says REDUCE SPEED TO UNDER 30 MPH, This one is red. It looks to me that the suspension is being set to high. Once I reset it to Normal Ride Height its fine. Even tho I'm already at Normal ride height the compressor is taking it to a different level than the old compressor did. I dont know if a ECU update will help or not. It raises very fast, and I think its too much for the current settings. This is all just speculation and can only be solve with putting out $$ for the update which may or may not solve the problem. Any suggestions???
What brand of compressor did you put in? The AMK needs an ecu reflash. Your faults sound like you need a sensor height calibration done though. All of this can be done with the IID tool.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV