Not Starting Again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Serg thank you ..You are sooo SWEET! But it will not work your engine is 36D 3.9 mine is the 4.0 50D .. But thank you anyway!!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Melissa, if it does this issue only after having been running for a while and you have already changed the Fuel pump, I would say that a good bet on the fuel temp sensor.

You would think that there would be a way to test this sensor though? I am sure someone out there with more knowledge then me should be able to say what the Ohms are on a good one vice a bad one or if it is an open/closed circuit.

How did the fuel pump change go?

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
BREATHER HOSE #ERR5039 That is the part in the picture that Serg you were asking about .... Fuel pump went *OK* Joey. Well I just got some info from Alan Bates (OKRovers member)...He said maybe the coolant temp sensor "ETC8496" ??

outdoorfever

Reaction score
Geez Melissa so many problems! How many times is this now that the Rover is on its last leg? lol

What will really get you is add up all the cost's of repairs, and THEN see how many shoes that buys ;) lol
gl with fixing the problem(s)

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Ha ha ..Thanks Kyle. So when we going wheelin? Better go soon before the whole rover just blows up...And I am sportin a new Beemer 325. I should have listened to Ron Brown..
ANDY: I sent you an email yesterday.. I am not ignoring you. ITS been another bad rover day/week/month

D

discomike

Melissa,
There is something to be said for your profesional aproach to your problem, you know, the pictures and the nail polish, it really says something, I am just not sure what.
Ok down to business, there is a way of testing the temp guage to verify if it is bad or not. Why not have one of the group test the out put both cold and hot on their temp sensors with an OHM meter and compare it to your both when it is running well and also when it is not starting. This will take all the question out of it???
Smil,
Mike J.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sven on discoweb posted this table with Ohms values for temp sensor

Attachments

• sensor.jpg
    sensor.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Its no big deal guys .. I am ordering the part today and as soon as I get it I am getting rid of the rover. I just wish I would have listened to my father for once. I would have an extra $$3K plus still in the bank. *oh well* I tried to take it up to Jackie Cooper BMW to trade it in this morning and LOL it would not start ..I have tried to remain professional but I am so tired of people slamming me and ridiculing me (not here but on another site). I am not playing some pity party for Melissa here but I have given this my all and I am tired of it by now ~ And I am sure most of you are tired of hearing it. I have yet to see any other posts from any other girls who have gone out in the 'field' per se like I have. (ok maybe Alyssa Brown -but she had Ron to help her, or Summer, or this other girl who lives in the UK she goes by D-90). So with all of that being said I appreciate all of the help that I have received. I will post pictures of the new car once I decide what I am going to purchase for sure.
Thanks again.
Melissa N

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Name that sketch..

"<..>
- I wish to complain about this parrot what I purchased not half an hour ago from this very boutique.
- Oh yes, the, uh, the Norwegian Blue...What's,uh...What's wrong with it?
- I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. 'E's dead, that's what's wrong with it!
- No, no, 'e's uh,...he's resting.
- Look, matey, I know a dead parrot when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.
- No no he's not dead, he's, he's restin'! Remarkable bird, the Norwegian Blue, idn'it, ay? Beautiful plumage!
- The plumage don't enter into it. It's stone dead.
- Nononono, no, no! 'E's resting!
<..>"

Oh come on.. Always look on the bright side of life. Without rover you wouldnt get to know us :)

outdoorfever

Reaction score
Sergei said:
Oh come on.. Always look on the bright side of life. Without rover you wouldnt get to know us :)

You gotta look on the bright side of things all the time. Unfortunaly you win some you lose some, but it always makes it more fun if you find the positives out of things.

lol Well Melissa, we can go off roading anytime, however it looks as tho you arent going to have your Henry much longer. But you gotta buy another SUV, that isnt a question. They are too much fun! The organized trip for Chandler isnt till the 18th, and there is one at Disney later on in September. Probably an entire weekend. At least ride along. Gl with your bf, henry.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA