OBD Codes P1668 and P1451

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ericjohnson_24

Reaction score
Hello all

I just bought my first Rover, a 2002 Land Rover Discovery 2 SD (about 90K miles on it). I like a silly ******** bought it with a check engine light on. The codes are p1668 and p1451. In searching the internet I have found some blogs saying it maybe the alarm system or the ECM. However no one every returns to say how they resolved the issue. Systmptoms are the following:

When I go to start the rover sometimes it kicks right over. Other times you push the key over and you hear a click, that is it. Other times the engine cranks but no ignition. When I get the click or just cranking usaully the third time she will kick over. However each time I have to pull the key out to get her to start. The truck runs strong. Other problems I haver is a ticking sound maybe an injector or lifter? Not sure. And I got the three AMigos brake issue, I will worry about the other two later I really want to resolve the starting issue. As I said the truck runs strong, just a pain to start.

This last weekend I put in new battery terminals with the biggest cold cranking Interster Battery poissible. Truck is running better but still have the starting problems. Below is everything else I have done so far to the truck, I know none of these has anything to do with my current problem however I would rather give you all as much detail as possible:

Flushed Tranny with Lucus ATF fluid and Lucus ATF conditioner
All gear boxes have been flushed out using Royol Purpil Fear Oil
Egine Flush using Gunk Egnine Flush, then Oil change unsing Royal Purpril Oil with the Sythentic Lucus Oil stabilizer
Flushed Raditior
Added Lucus injector clearner to recent tank of gas

Reesie0614

Reaction score
Did you ever find out the answers to any of these problems??? I have a 2000 LR with 150k, just replaced transfer case because chain went bad but just had cel scanned it came back code 1668??? Nobody can tell me how to fix

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV