OEM hitch compatiblity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roversurf

Reaction score
Attempting to buy a used OEM hitch for my 2016 landmark and have received conflicting remarks regarding if it will fit. Looking to buy the "smaller" hitch and not the longer plow version. Atlantic British and one dealer told me it will not fit and I need a special LR4 version for post 2013. Two other dealers have said it is the same regardless of if it is pre 2013, off an LR4 or RRS. Buying online so can't try beforehand. Thanks everyone

howardduff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a hitch from my LR3 and I got one with the trailer tow package on my LR4. I found the only difference between the two is the length of the 2 in. tube going towards the spare tire. I had 18 in. wheels on the LR3 with the smaller spare and the LR4 has the full size spare 19 in wheels. I couldn't slide the LR3 receiver all the way into the LR4 because the 2 in. tube hit the spare tire before it slid all the way up. I am sure you could cut the tube down to clear if necessary. I still have the LR3 hitch if you are interested.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe what it comes down to is if you have a full size spare or not since the larger tire hangs lower. I am also needing to get the one which Howard has that'll fit the LR4 with the full-size spare....they're pretty expensive....

Roversurf

Reaction score
Thanks Howard. I ended up getting a bolt on one a few weeks ago from eBay to play it safe.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a hitch from my LR3 and I got one with the trailer tow package on my LR4. I found the only difference between the two is the length of the 2 in. tube going towards the spare tire. I had 18 in. wheels on the LR3 with the smaller spare and the LR4 has the full size spare 19 in wheels. I couldn't slide the LR3 receiver all the way into the LR4 because the 2 in. tube hit the spare tire before it slid all the way up. I am sure you could cut the tube down to clear if necessary. I still have the LR3 hitch if you are interested.

There are 3 versions from what I recall. I have the earliest and the latest. Difference is not just lateral distance from spare. The older one is also a lower drop, meaning it’s closer to the ground an inch or more.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick