OEM Ladder fit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen these, can anyone comment of their durability?

Funny thing about ladders, once I put mine on we use it at least once a week..! I guess I need to quit camping so much..

Mike

jpjp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and get this ladder instead... no drilling and a fraction of the cost!

http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/AGP780020

The only thing I don't like on this one is that it doesn't go above the hatch and the antenna. I've hit the top of my factory ladder on low garages and I'd much rather have scrapes on that, which no one can see, as opposed to a busted plastic antenna.

Also, I think it helps to have a place to hold on that high as well. I do like how it's on the right side, which means the lower step comes down a little lower than the factory one. Also, it would protect your rear wiper as well if you took it to automatic carwashes. I try never to use those though.

ABColo

Reaction score
I've had the Atlantic British aftermarket ladder for a while now. It is very sturdy and haven't hit it on anything. It also has a perfect spot to mount a back-up LED light right below the bottom step. The only downside is that my 12-year-old LR3 rear hatch pistons were weak enough that they didn't hold the hatch door up with the added weight. I bought new aftermarket ones but they still have trouble holding below freezing since the ladder is a little heavier than the factory ladder.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA