OEM LR side protection tubes VTD500010

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up a used set of these and they seem to have all the mounting hardware but unfortunately no mounting instructions. There are 3 brackets with a total of 10 bolts that mount on the underside on both sides but I can't tell exactly how. I was under the impression that there wasn't any drilling necessary with these OEM bars but after looking under there I'm not seeing how that's possible. I can't find any videos or install instructions online, anyone installed these that can enlighten me or maybe send pics of the install instructions if you have them? I have an 11 LR4 but these should be the same for the LR3 and LR4.

Thanks!

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have these on my LR3 and will try to remember to take some pics for you. The dealer installed them. I don't believe they had to drill any holes BUT, they did have to cut into plastic to make room for them. So, give another look and realize they fit snug (more for fashion and less likely that you can get a toe in there to step up)

Last edited:

cmb6s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can download the instructions if you create a free account on the Topix website.

Ryby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I got them on there. Definitely not for stepping on, lol. Look pretty cool and will hopefully add some body protection. I'll post a pic!

Ryby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check it out!

Attachments

• IMG_5436.jpg
    IMG_5436.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 97

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ryby, very nice looking truck.
Is that an LR3 or an LR4?
Also, what color is your vehicle? I like it...it may be the rain but the paint has a matte (non-glossy) look to it that I wish was offered from LR. I rode with some guys in old Defenders one time that had a matte paint they put on with a brush. Talk about taking care of trail scratches easily!

Ryby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man! It's an LR4. Sorry to have jumped on the LR3 forum but I saw some talk over here about these tubes and I figured you guys were knowledgable (and helpful) and I was right :) The dark grey is actually a matte charcoal grey vinyl wrap. Can't fix the scratches with a brush but I can always rewrap!

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ryby if you are off-roading your LR4 I'm not sure the protection tubes are what you want.

I was a fool and kept my sidesteps on for 5 years (I even paid to skid-plate them) before finally removing them, throwing them in a dumpster as they'd been beat to hell, and installing RS Sliders.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ryby if you are off-roading your LR4 I'm not sure the protection tubes are what you want.

I was a fool and kept my sidesteps on for 5 years (I even paid to skid-plate them) before finally removing them, throwing them in a dumpster as they'd been beat to hell, and installing RS Sliders.

Nah, look how beautiful his truck is! He doesn't take that off road. It's just for show. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72