OEM Roof Rack & Surfboards...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iconoclast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone on here know if the OEM roof rack has attachments for surfboards?
If not are there any someone may recommend?

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone on here know if the OEM roof rack has attachments for surfboards?
If not are there any someone may recommend?
What kind of attachments? I've found the Dakine long velcro'd on surf pads to be great for all kinds of things on the roof. If they are not roomy enough to fit around the OEM bars (they should be) you can just buy rolls of velcro cheap on Amazon and extend the reach with long pieces.

I know this isn't the factory rack, but I've used it on them as well. I just wanted cushion and to get the boards off the rubber insert in the OEM rails, which marks boards.

FullSizeRender3-vi.jpg

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something similar to the snowboard rack that locks it in place and also provides as a theft deterrent.
I will look into that. Thank you.
@iconoclast, these are the Dakine Long Aero pads that I bought;
Dakine pads

I bought a roll of this velcro which I used to cut a long strip to extend the reach. I don't think you need it for factory bars, though.
Velcro roll

And these locking board straps have been working very well for me. Lots of good info on their website and also testimonials from others. I got the long ones and they work well for boards on top of my Yakima box, SUPs, kayaks, etc. Maybe not fool proof, but gives me peace of mind to run into a restaurant without worrying about my boards.
KanuLock Locking straps

61uMPwf8I7L._SL1000_.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA