OME Medium Springs and Disco II

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

cubic202

Hey Guys,
I’m planning on putting some medium rate springs on my DII; 777 for the front and 764s in the rear paired with OME w/107 and 108 shocks for the front and rear. My goal here is for an improvement on ground clearance as opposed to load carrying ability. Can anyone tell me:

a) The ride height of OME spring 764 Vs Stock DII rear spring.
b) The load rate 764 Vs stock DII rear spring; How much greater is it.

Thanks,

Neil

D

discomike

Neil,
I would suggest that you do a little reading regarding the medium springs you are thinking about.
I have OME's on my truck and swear by them but I would suggest that you look more towards 751's in front and it's counter part in the rear. The springs you are talking about won't do much if any for improving your lift/ground clearance. Read the enclosed link.
With the heavier springs you will gain some ground clearance and get a much better ride, more control and better cornering.
https://www.expeditionexchange.com/ome/indexsprings.htm
Good luck,
Mike J.
Good luck,

C

cubic202

Thanks, for the info. I didn't realize the springs were so soft; Are they softer than stock!!! I'll have to hit the books again and read up some more. What are you running?

D

discomike

Neil,
I run heavy all the way around. The 751's that I run in the front are actually for a D1, but they offered me some more lift in the front which I needed due to my big bumper and winch.
You might want to talk to John Lee at Expedition Exchange, he can give you all the tech. stuff.
Mike J.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72