Optional Sirius satellite radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coloboque

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the board and I have a question about the Sirius satellite radio. I'm planning to buy an LR2, probably within a month. I studied the LR website regarding all the options and saw that the Sirius satellite radio is one of the options offered.

I visited two LR dealerships in the area and all of their new LR2 cars have this radio installed. The dealers say all cars come with it and it's standard. But the brochure I got from them, the sticker on the car window, the main LR website, and several other car related websites say that this radio is optional. Are the dealers trying to sell me this radio no matter what? Is there a way to buy a car without this radio if it's already installed in a particular car? Can it be taken out? The dealers seem to not be able to locate an LR2 without this radio, even in other states. Pretty annoying! It's the same as if I were buying a house and cable TV was already installed, and you had no option to opt out. I never listen to a radio as it distracts me from the road. Nor do I want to pay $750 for something I'll never use and don't care about.

Any advice would be appreciated!

RoverGuy7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, most vehicles are ordered in to dealerships based on templates and packages. Which means even though it is an option, it might not be an option you can choose.

The dealership can locate inventory across the country, and what is coming into the port in the near future. If none of these fit your needs, you can custom order one, but this takes time, so the 1 month window is gone.

Also, even though it could be removed, you would still be on the hook for the initial price, as the unit cannot be returned to the factory, and some labor to have it removed.

Last edited:

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't have to subscribe if you don't want to. Doesn't hurt anything to have it other than if they do charge you a little more up front.