Passenger Fusebox problems.

Discussion in 'LR3' started by Ian Morrison, May 7, 2018.

1. Ian Morrison

Ian Morrison Member

Hi, I’ve been getting problems all that seem to originate from the Passenger Fusebox or the generic control unit. The first thing that stopped working was the cornering light, Then the Headlight washers, Then the Sun Roof and today the upper Tailgate release motor stopped working. I’ve been told that I will most likely need to buy a new passenger fuseboard which means my keys will have to be reprogrammed to the new fuseboard. Has anyone encountered a fuseboard with similar problems and any idea how much a new fuseboard and reprogramming costs. I know this will have to be taken to a Land Rover dealer to get this done. If anyone has had similar problems let me know as I’ve been told by a Land Rover mechanic that I should be careful driving the car as every electric part is controlled by this Fusebox and parts will fail on a regular basis until eventually the engine will cut out as this too is controlled by the generic control unit. I was also told that this problem is very common on the Land Rover Discovery 3

2. Rubber Cow

Rubber Cow Full Access Member

Have you checked the wires under the passenger side foot well....under the carpeting?
    This is a common place for shorts to happen and for water leakage to compound the problem.