Potential TDV6 Tune 600+ftlbs of Torque

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello All
Some know me from the LR4 section, but I am in the market for a new vehicle. My LR4 has hit 100K, and I want to convert him to more of an overlanding vehicle, and get a new daily driver.

I have narrowed it down to a RRS (L494) or a new D5 Diesel. I need third row, and POWER!!
The D5 lacked on the power side, so did some digging on upgrading to either the SCV6 or TDV6.
I have just found a tune from Velocity AP (very good reputation in the racing world) that claims a +68HP and +186ftlbs increase... that over 600+ ftlbs at the crank :eek::eek:.
This was originally designed for the L494, but if it can be used on the Flexray network on the D5, then I have solidified what will be the new vehicle. I mean how can you say no to 330hp and 608ftlbs.

Any thoughts on this?

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assume that tune pretty much voids the factory warranty, no?

Legally, Land Rover would have to prove without a doubt the tuned caused the failure.
If a window regulator fails LR cannot refuse because of a tune.
If a transmission failed, they would have to prove the tune caused it... how ever it's the same transmission used in the SVR, and other higher powered cars.

Of course there is some risk, with any vehicle modification. Technically LR can refuse drive train warranty for not using OEM tires.

Also the tune is reversible, VelocityAP allows you to store the OEM tune, a revert back to it when ever needed.
The only way LR could find out is when reviewing the flash counters and comparing the ECU to the IPC or BCM.
But even then LR is always doing updates and recalls, and these counter rarely match anyways.

Kj71109

Reaction score
I’d be interested in hearing about this too if you find out more. My wife has an LR4 and I currently have a X5 diesel, and am looking to go the Land Rover route as well. Her driving position is just so much better than mine. I have to test drive one again, as my first drive I wasn’t too impressed. With a few people starting to throw some bigger tires on the Discovery 5, the look has really grown on me.

ToiletDuck

Reaction score
I’ve emailed them over my Disco 5 td6 and haven’t heard back. I’m curious about the ZF transmission. The RRS td6 can handle 700ft/lbs but the Disco 5 wasn’t listed. Should this just plug and play if it’s the same engine and transmission?

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the confirmation I got back from VelocityAP a few months back, the same tune can be applied to the D5 as the TDv6 RRS.
They have the same drive line.
The VelocityAP webiste and data sheets do not list anything for the D5, but since both the SCv6 and TDv6 drive lines are the same as a RRS and F-Type (SCv6 Only) the same tuning can be applied.
They can actually bring the SCv6 up to a 418hp output from the stock 340.
In theory this could also be applied to the LR4 SCv6

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id buy a LR4 V6SC and tune that. No amount of tuning will change the D5 shortcomings and bulbous butt.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV