Power Chips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redrover51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Power chips...Historically, how much time passes before they are available for a particular year model?, and are there negative consequenses to the application?

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not researched it yet, but I have heard that they are not good for the rovers. I have heard stories of people supercharging and everything else to the rovers and they just don't see a difference in performance.

I will look a little more into chips and report tomorrow :)

redrover51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After researching a few after-market "chip-sites", I found thatthe power curve goes way beyond the normal range for these engines. The sweetness of short-term power, is forgotten after the bitterness of engine failure. I will stick with keeping my DII tuned and clean, and just enjoy what I have. If I want speed or power, I'll hitch a ride in my friends tricked-out chev. 4x4, and watch him break it, and fix it again....He dumps more power and fix-it money into that beast than I have paid for my last three trucks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA