Powerchip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matts98disco

Reaction score
Possibly a stupid question but here goes.
Where is the ecu on a disco 1? Secondly is the ecu socketed (take out the old chip put new one in) or do you have to send the whole ecu off?
Thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
D1, ECU is on the passenger side fender well closest to the firewall.

You have to send the ECU in, they will install a socket.

wolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Joey;

Getting back to the air force system you have - I have also come across an AFE universal cannister system (they have two models) that looks like it might be rigged up to my ARB snorkel; do you know anything about these?

Wolf

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but I do not know anything about them... I just know if I had to do it again I would build my own, it would be cheaper.

Find the correct sized tube and drill hose and just rubber bushing for the temp sensor, then get the correct sized rubber adapters to fit all the pieces together.

matts98disco

Reaction score
I will be honest, my intake can't be beat and I have very little in it. I went to advance auto got a APC (yea I know the ricer company) but they make this all steel filter which is orange and steel. I know I have owned redicously fast cars with this filter and have picked up tenths in the quarter mile over a leading K&N. Next I went to home depot, got some thin sheet metal. I made my own heatshield which looks real good actually. I took the filter and clipped it directly to the MAS and I took the temp sensor and just pinned it to the shock tower under an A/C line. I have no CEL's or issues, and power is much better, as well as sound.

wolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but I do not know anything about them... I just know if I had to do it again I would build my own, it would be cheaper.

Find the correct sized tube and drill hose and just rubber bushing for the temp sensor, then get the correct sized rubber adapters to fit all the pieces together.

Hi Joey;

Roger this! Now I seem to be playing a game of tic-tac-toe with the ECU - I just got the
P1179 code vanquished via evap vent line work and now, lo and behold, I got presented with a PO420 and a PO430 simultaneously (my display showing both of these as catalyst system efficiency below threshold). I am going huh???? What cat system - I don't have cats anymore and I do have a Powerchip Gold 93 that was supposed to have the back O2 sensors turned off. Am I getting systems confused here or what?

As always - thanks for your ideas.

Wolf

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
This one is easy... did you have powerchip turn off the back to O2 sensors when they did the work?

wolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This one is easy... did you have powerchip turn off the back to O2 sensors when they did the work?

Hi Joey;

Yes - I specifically requested they turn off those rear two sensors and the road speed limiter (just as you had). But it would appear that - this did not happen and it may have something to do with why I am not seeing the results you are - what do you think?

Wolf

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I get the same exact codes every so often. No rhyme or reason for them either, but it doesn't effect the drive... so I will live with it.

wolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get the same exact codes every so often. No rhyme or reason for them either, but it doesn't effect the drive... so I will live with it.

Happy Thanksgiving down there Joey!

Yeah, I think you are right on that - driveability is in no way affected; maybe its like a 'ghost' in the ECU - i.e., its looking for something that no longer registers so it decides to throw the closest codes that relate to the issue?

Wolf

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV